News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-12-30 Madison Square Garden New York, NY

Started by PIE-GUY, December 30, 2017, 11:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: Hicks on December 31, 2017, 12:24:26 PM
You know the boys are on when even a deep second set Farmhouse delivers.

Ha!  For real.  I thoroughly enjoyed last night, especially the DWD and Steam sequence.

Also, I agree with Scott.  The Slow Brother felt like a mistake they just rolled with. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

Mar must have given scotty some of his chemistry drugs.

Gumbo72203

So this was fucking fantastic.  Mike's was rather standard, but I enjoyed the Weekapaug and though that was good; it seems hard for Trey to get creative at the molasses tempo though.  Trey also needs to practice Hydrogen.  Jesus. 

HOWEVER, that Tweezer!!!  Fuck yes!!!  That was so good.  I loved it.  The major key shift that Page instigates midway through is brilliant.  Throughout a lot of it I felt like I was listening to old, relaxed 98-03 Phish again with Fishman's tempo and pacing.  It was just perfect.  Perfect.  And then Kill Devil Falls was fantastic too!  If you listen closely, you'll hear Trey playing some of the same licks he plays in the 7/8/00 Tweezer, which I thought was neat. 

And then that Gin!!!  Gin was pretty standard until this one moment about 3/4 of the way through when Fishman pumps the tempo and it just takes off.  Everybody plays into the energy and it just accelerates madly.  Wonderful stuff.  The Slow Brother and More are just finishing touches on a perfect set. 

Disease I thought was good, but wasn't too thrilled by the majority of the jam when it was happening until they get to that Allman's jam at the end.  THAT was fucking sick.  Steam was great.  Farmhouse was great too... just like Scott said:  floaty. 

Marmar, you need to lay off the drugs maybe haha.  This show has tons of great stuff. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 31, 2017, 12:48:01 PM

Also, the slow brother must've been a mistake, right? I feel like Mike just started it at the wrong tempo and they had to go with it from there? It was an interesting twist either way.

Mike doesn't make mistakes  :wink:
It really sounds premeditated to me.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.