News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

05/29 - Bethel Center for the Arts - Bethel NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, May 29, 2011, 11:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Quote from: JustJezmund on May 30, 2011, 10:25:47 PM
Quote from: mattstick on May 30, 2011, 07:43:48 PM
My favorite part of the show was when we went back to "Page's House" during 2001.
Wasn't that in ya mar?

That is a quite literal interpretation of the metaphysical place that is "Page's House".

Gumbo72203

I think Faux has a point about Mike's and its recent crash-landing into Simple, courtesy of Trey.

I, too, missed hearing the true ending chords while the band was away, but once PH was around, it became absolutely predictable.  Its been a little less so now, in terms of Mike's Groove as a whole at least, but the true closing chords have been played EVERY time in 3.0. 

Personally, I am absolutely DYING to hear the return of the post-tramps F major jam, ala 7/14/00, 11/7/98 and 12/31/98 (the absolute PEAK of that jam's existence).

And uh....   no YEM at Bethel.  hrrmmph. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

lifeboy13

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 30, 2011, 09:58:03 AM
I will say this... The Slave was really good.
yeah I did like the Slave too, as well as several parts of the other songs.  Checked out some of the vids on YouTube as well and it just makes me anxious to see the boys soon.
Good Day, Every Day!

lifeboy13

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 31, 2011, 10:12:47 AM
I think Faux has a point about Mike's and its recent crash-landing into Simple, courtesy of Trey.

I, too, missed hearing the true ending chords while the band was away, but once PH was around, it became absolutely predictable.  Its been a little less so now, in terms of Mike's Groove as a whole at least, but the true closing chords have been played EVERY time in 3.0. 

Personally, I am absolutely DYING to hear the return of the post-tramps F major jam, ala 7/14/00, 11/7/98 and 12/31/98 (the absolute PEAK of that jam's existence).

I was at the 7/14/00 show and it is one of my favorite Mike's, My first show had a Mike's>Breathe>Sparkle>Weekapaug that was off the hook too.  I wouldn't ever expect to get those types of Mike's anymore though.
Good Day, Every Day!

Multibeast12

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on May 31, 2011, 10:12:47 AM

Less predictable. I like that. thought for sure they would do it this night and kinda glad they didn't

also i noticed at more this show then friday, or maybe it was because i was inside, but during the jams a lot of people were sitting. Like when light was just starting to get good i looked around and like everybody was sitting or on their phones just generally not paying attention. Maybe thats why we dont get the long Jams. Maybe they cut them short because they don't want people to get bored and leave. Same in the 46 days. If i remember it correctly they were just starting to take off with it but just brought it back down before it went anywhere

cactusfan

after those first two shows, both hot, this one is awful. just bored me to tears. yeah, i guess the slave is good, but after the rest of the show put me to sleep, it wasn't enough to save it.