News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

May Movie Madness

Started by cactusfan, May 02, 2012, 03:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactusfan

surely we need something to argue over before phish starts playing again?

send me your list of 50 movies (or fewer), with a top 10 separated out (i'll weigh those more heavily), and using a system i promise will be entirely biased and unfair, i will create the Master List of 64 films in competition, and the brackets.

UncleEb, if you send me what you used for the album playoffs, i'll see if can type it up full of movies.

Rules:
fiction films only! the last thing we need is a debate over which grateful dead documentary is the best movie ever.
movies must have had a U.S. theatrical release (but may originate from any country).
movies must be features (not shorts, i.e. no shorter than about 78 minutes).

i think that's it.
send me your lists if you want to play...

mistercharlie

Quote from: cactusfan on May 02, 2012, 03:02:50 AM
Rules:
fiction films only! the last thing we need is a debate over which grateful dead documentary is the best movie ever.
movies must have had a U.S. theatrical release (but may originate from any country).
movies must be features (not shorts, i.e. no shorter than about 78

I was going to bitch and say that a lot of great movies never saw a theatrical release, but then I did some quick research and found out that The Boondock Saints did have a week-long run at five theaters, so I guess it still counts.

After my test today I'll work on compiling a list.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

List sent. Clearly I'm bored in the airport lounge.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 01:58:04 PM
List sent. Clearly I'm bored in the airport lounge.

precisely the sort of dedication we need around here.

gah

Pretty sure uncleeb is in LA on some business trip, so you might have to wait a few days on hearing from him.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mehead

IN.

Will send list shortly
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

cactusfan

Quote from: goodabouthood on May 02, 2012, 03:20:20 PM
Pretty sure uncleeb is in LA on some business trip, so you might have to wait a few days on hearing from him.

i'll wait at least through the weekend anyway to give y'all a chance to send in lists. without which this isn't going to work too well.

Gundo

mbw

i will get a list in, but not being able to put american movie on there will suck.

cactusfan

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on May 02, 2012, 07:44:44 PM
i will get a list in, but not being able to put american movie on there will suck.

you could always try to sneak Coven in there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: cactusfan on May 02, 2012, 08:09:49 PM

I haven't actually seen Coven, but I'll bet there are several films that will make the bracket that I'd vote Coven over on principle alone.

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 08:19:35 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on May 02, 2012, 08:09:49 PM

I haven't actually seen Coven, but I'll bet there are several films that will make the bracket that I'd vote Coven over on principle alone.

bound to happen.

on another note, Lord of The Rings is three seperate movies, as are the Godfather movies, Star Wars movies, etc.
so don't vote for a whole trilogy as one movie.

PIE-GUY

While I understand the Godfather is technically a trilogy, in no universe does III make my list.

phil

I'll only play if Space Jam makes the cut.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

cactusfan

Quote from: PIE-GUY on May 02, 2012, 09:52:23 PM
While I understand the Godfather is technically a trilogy, in no universe does III make my list.

if it made anyone's list, i would fear for their immortal soul.