News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12/31 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - Live Setlist Thread

Started by rowjimmy, December 31, 2012, 07:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Phish
2012-12-31
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY

I:
Garden Party*, Possum, Roses Are Free, Rift, Sample In A Jar, Alaska, Mike's Song > Walk Away, Weekapaug Groove, Character Zero

II:
Birds Of A Feather, Ghost > Piper > Light^ > Also Sprach Zarathustra, The Horse > Silent In The Morning, You Enjoy Myself~

III:
Party Time, Kung > Chalk Dust Torture > Auld Lang Syne > Tweezer Reprise, Sand > The Wedge > Fly Like An Eagle**, Wilson, Lawn Boy^^

Encore:
Driver, Iron Man%

* First Time Played (Ricky Nelson cover)
^ Auld Lang Syne tease
~ BOAF tease
** First Time Played (Steve Miller Band cover)
^^ a capella, full band, barbershop style
% Last Time Played 2003-12-31 (192shows)

Pre-Show, Tween-Set & Third Set Gag info:
The floor and the stage is covered in astroturf. There are plants all over the stage and ramps lead up to the stage from left and right (big enough for the golf cart.) Pre-show, on the floor, a badminton game, large chess set, and miniature golf are setup and being played as if it were a "Garden Party." There is also an astroturfed riser behind the stage. There, before the first set, girls "sunbathed" in bikinis.

Before the second set, several golfers and a caddie came out and hit foam "golf balls" from the riser behind the stage.

Prior to the third set, the band enters via Fishified golf cart. Takes a few swings at foam 'golf balls' from the turf at the front of the stage. Fish in "golf outfit".

During Kung, with lots of smoke, golf carts slowly cross the stage. Trey waved a golf club about.

During Chalkdust, golf carts race across the stage, including a small one and soon a bunch of golfers/dancers come onstage tossing/hitting 'golf balls' into the audience. A little person atop a golf cart led the count down to midnight when a balloon drop then a shower of the 'golf balls' ensue as the band goes into Tweezer Reprise. Backing singers accompany Tweezer Reprise from beneath golf umbrellas. One soloist is onstage between Trey and Page.
Quote from: barnesy305 on January 01, 2013, 12:05:28 AM
That chick Donna Jeaned.

As Fly Like An Eagle faded out, the mid-court video screens displayed blades of grass and then were filled with the image of a Wilson golf ball 'breaking' the screen.

After Driver, Page came out in a USS Nimitz captain's cap, a blazer, and a golf club. He takes a mic and addresses the crowd on behalf of the band. Wishes all a Happy New Year and notes that 2013 is the 30th year of Phish as well as his 50th year. He then asks if people know who he is, rattles off a couple of his nicknames (Leo, Chairman Of The Boards.) Sings Iron Man.

rowjimmy

Garden party theme going on pre-show?
Astroturf, badminton, mini golf, garden chess, sunbathing blondes on a riser behind the stage.

Thanks to LP for the closeup of the ladies as they rearranged their towels with their asses to the camera.

rowjimmy

Quote from: antelope19 on December 31, 2012, 07:53:18 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 31, 2012, 07:50:05 PM
Garden party theme going on pre-show?
Astroturf, badminton, mini golf, garden chess, sunbathing blondes on a riser behind the stage.

Thanks to LP for the closeup of the ladies as they rearranged their towels with their asses to the camera.

Rule #1

Ya snooze ya lose.

antelope19

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard yup. Apparently.  Also, on this last day of 2012, I thought about whyweigh. It might be appropriate to have a virtual toast or something......
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Augustus

Even Gumbo started a thread on that...

Recliner Terr wit teh wife.
Round Room opener!

rowjimmy

cactusfan

blatboom

rowjimmy

rowjimmy

Hugh Masekela-Grazing In The Grass pre-show jamz

Build Me Up Buttercup now with noticeable sing-along factor.
Nice.

whatapiper

I'm all set up, got loads of killer brew including a year old Quad from the cellar and a fresh Pliny or 3.   With my wife at the peak of morning sickness I'll be catering a bit to her needs, although I'm pretty sure she's taking advantage of me at this point. 

YEM opener would be nuts but I'm calling ye old faithful Chalkdust.
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

rowjimmy

barnesy305