News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

FREE TO GOOD HOME: 1600+ cassettes

Started by twatts, July 09, 2011, 05:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twatts

So I found this local guy on Craigs List that traded me his entire cassette collection for a case of beer.  Seems like impending marriage will do that to some people...

Its mostly GD (700 or so), PH (400), WSP (400).  Some random stuff alos, including a bunch of Neil Young, moe., Blues Traveler...  I do not have a list compiled, not will do make one, sorry... 

If anyone wants part or all of it, its FREE.  Just pay the shipping and I'll UPS them out to you. 

Honestly, I'm sure the GD is crap, since all of it is available via Charlie or Archive...  And there is nothing in the PH stuff that isn't already listed on DB (I checked).  As far as the WSP, I have no idea, but there is a bunch of old 80s and 90s in there... 

If I don't hear from anyone, I'll take them over to the record store and dump them in the Free Bin...

Terry

Edit to add, I found (3) "Does Not Circulate" Jazz Mandolin Project shows, so it was well worth the case of beer to haul these away!  Now the real trick is hiding them from my wife until I can get rid of them!
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Thrillhouse

Quote from: twatts likes ghoti on July 09, 2011, 05:54:04 PM
So I found this local guy on Craigs List that traded me his entire cassette collection for a case of beer.  Seems like impending marriage will do that to some people...

Its mostly GD (700 or so), PH (400), WSP (400).  Some random stuff alos, including a bunch of Neil Young, moe., Blues Traveler...  I do not have a list compiled, not will do make one, sorry... 

If anyone wants part or all of it, its FREE.  Just pay the shipping and I'll UPS them out to you. 

Honestly, I'm sure the GD is crap, since all of it is available via Charlie or Archive...  And there is nothing in the PH stuff that isn't already listed on DB (I checked).  As far as the WSP, I have no idea, but there is a bunch of old 80s and 90s in there... 

If I don't hear from anyone, I'll take them over to the record store and dump them in the Free Bin...

Terry

Edit to add, I found (3) "Does Not Circulate" Jazz Mandolin Project shows, so it was well worth the case of beer to haul these away!  Now the real trick is hiding them from my wife until I can get rid of them!

You know, I would really really be interested in these, I am a new guy on here so I know I don't take priority but It would be amazing to have something like that, at the very least one of those "does Not Circulate" shows would make me sooooo happy. Let me know

Willie.  :rockout: :banana: :rockout: :banana:
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

DoW

I wouldn't mind the moe. tapes.  not set up for tape transfers but I guess I could do it if I had to just in case anything is there not on the archive.
plus, I feel obligated to fluff in here too. :)
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Thrillhouse

Quote from: bvaz on July 09, 2011, 09:41:04 PM
I wouldn't mind the moe. tapes.  not set up for tape transfers but I guess I could do it if I had to just in case anything is there not on the archive.

After a few moments of reflection, taking all of it is increidbly selfish. A grab bag is the real prize here.

Superfreakie

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 09, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

After a few moments of reflection, taking all of it is increidbly selfish. A grab bag is the real prize here.

Do you torrent Wille? Many of us here have massive music collections and love to help out other addicts or people getting started. Be it filling drives for them or seeding stuff.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

ph92

OO nice! Lemmie get those torrents for JMP

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 09, 2011, 09:11:14 PM

Terry

You know, I would really really be interested in these, I am a new guy on here so I know I don't take priority but It would be amazing to have something like that, at the very least one of those "does Not Circulate" shows would make me sooooo happy. Let me know

Wait... Will who was chillin with Scott and crew?

I'm the other Will

WHATS UP WILL!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Thrillhouse

Quote from: Superfreakie on July 10, 2011, 02:13:50 AM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 09, 2011, 09:46:49 PM

Do you torrent Wille? Many of us here have massive music collections and love to help out other addicts or people getting started. Be it filling drives for them or seeding stuff.

I do torrent, I would love to be sent in the right direction

Quote from: phishhead92 on July 10, 2011, 10:24:53 AM

Terry

I'm the other Will

WHATS UP WILL!

Yo dude, I thought I would see you around here. It's about time dude.

ph92

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on July 10, 2011, 11:38:47 AM
Quote from: phishhead92 on July 10, 2011, 10:24:53 AM

Terry

I'm the other Will

WHATS UP WILL!

Yo dude, I thought I would see you around here. It's about time dude.
Hell yeah man. Get those other people on here too ha
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

UncleEbinezer

I WANT THESE!!!  I've been looking for some grab bag tapes! 

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=16262.msg463412#msg463412

I may be down your way in August, so we may have to meet up and I'll trade you a beer for your tapes.  If your wife needs them gone sooner, I'll work on the shipping option.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

twatts

Quote from: UncleEbinezer on July 11, 2011, 11:29:32 AM
I WANT THESE!!!  I've been looking for some grab bag tapes! 

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=16262.msg463412#msg463412

I may be down your way in August, so we may have to meet up and I'll trade you a beer for your tapes.  If your wife needs them gone sooner, I'll work on the shipping option.

UncEb:  When in August???  We have a plan to go to NY for vacation at the end of Aug, but if you're around before then, you can take as many as you can haul... 

As for everyone else, I'm slowly going through and pulling out those tapes that appear to be DNC.  I've worked through all the PH and WSP so far.  I'm going to keep those and spread them arond to people that have quality Cass>FLAC rigs, and will put them out on ETREE, etc.  methinks Lastubbe or Ifthir...

I've promised all the Neil Young to someone else...

I'll send out the moe. to BVAZ (pm me your address)...

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Bobafett

I would love to get  a grab bag, b/c my cd changer just shit out in my truck...tapes only!  My internet is scattered right now, but i will send you a pm with address and such.  let me know about postage. 
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

DoW

Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate