News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

03/06/09 Anniversary Thread

Started by redrum, March 06, 2010, 12:10:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatapiper

It goes without saying I regret not seeing these shows more than just about any from my past.   I had just switched careers and started a new job so it wasn't feasible in any way.   The fact that I grew up one exit north of the coliseum in yorktown and all the hometown crew would be there didn't help matters.   As many of us did, tears streamed down my face when the first seeds of 3/6 went online, not only for the beginning of a new era but for what I had sacrificed not being there.  It still stings to listen to those shows and even more for my friends stories about what went down that weekend at the mothership. 
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

PhishPhan

messengerbird

Quote from: whatapiper on March 07, 2010, 01:29:19 AM
It goes without saying I regret bot seeing these shows more than just about any from my past.   I had just switched careers and started a new job so it wasn't feasible in any way.   The fact that I grew up one exit north of the coliseum in yorktown and all the hometown crew would be there didn't help matters.   As many of us did tears streamed down my face when the first seeds of 3/6 went online, not only for the beginning of a new era but for what I had sacrificed not being there.  It still stings to listen to those shows and even more for my friends stories about what went down that weekend at the mothership.

No regrets. There are many more memories to be made with  :phish:
Central part of town, I'm going down

Quote from: Phishy69 on January 05, 2010, 11:12:04 PM
A match made in Gamehenge  :-D

Declan

Quote from: messengerbird on March 07, 2010, 01:47:26 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on March 07, 2010, 01:29:19 AM
It goes without saying I regret bot seeing these shows more than just about any from my past.   I had just switched careers and started a new job so it wasn't feasible in any way.   The fact that I grew up one exit north of the coliseum in yorktown and all the hometown crew would be there didn't help matters.   As many of us did tears streamed down my face when the first seeds of 3/6 went online, not only for the beginning of a new era but for what I had sacrificed not being there.  It still stings to listen to those shows and even more for my friends stories about what went down that weekend at the mothership.

No regrets. There are many more memories to be made with  :phish:

couldnt have said it better myself
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

WhatstheUse?

A year ago today (03/07) was the first time I met any of you paugers  :beers: :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

redrum

Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sunrisevt

He popped up in the last month--I think he posted like five times in a few minutes and then dropped off the planet again. Come tour announcement time, I bet we'll hear from him.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

rowjimmy

We threw down a piece last night in honor of the good times from a year ago.

Pics after I shower.

McGrupp

last night for me:

:beers: ->  :beers: ->  :smoke: -> :beers: ->  :smoke: ->  :beers: ->  :music: -> :beerbang: ->  :rawk: ->  :tte:

with an aggressive "i'm gonna out-drink you" text to scott somewhere in there. (everyone kept buying me shots and hood struck my competitive side  :laugh:)

good times last night. great seeing everyone!

Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

blatboom

rowjimmy

Hicks

lol, blat looks like he's counting down to   :tte:
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

blatboom

good times

Quote from: Hicks on March 07, 2010, 02:07:55 PM
lol, blat looks like he's counting down to   :tte:
I've got a reputation to uphold  :-D