News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

MLB 2016

Started by mattstick, March 30, 2016, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

emay

VDB

Does TBS even have a streaming app?
Is this still Wombat?

antelope19

Quote from: VDB on October 03, 2016, 11:02:47 AM

You're doing it wrong

I am already so fired up. Too bad I have to work between now and the game.

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on April 22, 2016, 08:01:51 AM
I have a feeling it's going to be a long, hard fought season between the Jays and O's this year. A little surprised there wasn't more scoring in this first series, but I'm sure it's coming.

:-)

Season series ended up being 10-9 in favor of the Jays. Gonna be 10-10 after tonight!  :samurai:

Seriously though....this season has been so much fun and I'll be really happy about it at some point regardless of what happens tonight.

mattstick

I think the WC series should be a best of 3 with a double header on the first day.

Multibeast12

It will be fun to watch tonight's game without any allegiance to one team.

The stress begins Friday, at least the Cubs won't have to face the other guys best pitcher till maybe game 3.

DoW

Quote from: Multibeast12 on October 04, 2016, 08:41:03 AM
It will be fun to watch tonight's game without any allegiance to one team.

The stress begins Friday, at least the Cubs won't have to face the other guys best pitcher till maybe game 3.
in some cases, that could make games 1 and 2 must wins as you'd be facing the other teams ace in a pivotal game 3 of a 5 game series.
however, the Cubs are just stacked in every aspect this year, including a deep rotation so it won't matter.

as a mets fan, it will be stressful, but you really can't ask for much more than a 1 game elimination game with bumgarner vs. syndergaard.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

mattstick

It's an even number year guys...

antelope19

Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2016, 08:40:26 AM

I think the WC series should be a best of 3 with a double header on the first day.

I would love this, actually. The fact that 162 comes down to 1 game is kinda crazy.

mehead

Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2016, 08:40:26 AM

Not sure about the double header but it should definitely be best of 3. They start immediately by playing Monday and Tuesday, travel day if necessary on Wednesday and wrap it up Thursday.

One game to decide it after 162 games is a joke.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

DoW

I agree on the best of 3 series.  the 1 game concept has always troubled me because one team could have won 5 games or so more than the other and it still comes down to 1 game.

The one great thing about this year is both WC meetings come down to teams with equal records.  In a way, it is like a true play in game for the 4th best record in each league.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

Multibeast12

Quote from: mattstick on October 04, 2016, 12:09:07 PM

It's an even number year guys...
I have been thinking about this ever since the Giants made the wildcard. Worst record second half of the year, barely manage to make the wildcard game. I hate even years.

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on October 04, 2016, 07:26:14 AM
Quote from: VDB on October 03, 2016, 11:02:47 AM

You're doing it wrong

Not following you.

I'll probably be at a bar though.

And absolutely agreed about best of three. Insofar as the new WC format is worse for the top WC team than the old format was, to punish them makes no sense to me.
Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

Double Headers are awesome...

Another idea I have is that they have a "best of 3" but one of the games is pre-determined by head-to-head matchup.

So today the Jays would play the O's in the afternoon, and when they win the first game, they advance.  If by some miracle the O's could sweep a double header they would advance.