News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

RUSH Geeks rejoice!!

Started by PIE-GUY, April 08, 2010, 09:36:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopper_smurf

Well, it had to end ...

http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/12/rushs-neil-peart-says-hes-retired-from-music/

QuoteRush's Neil Peart says he's retired from music
"There comes a time to... take yourself out of the game"

Over the the summer, Rush embarked on their "R40 Tour" celebrating the 40th anniversary of drummer Neil Peart's membership in the band. At the time, bandmate Alex Lifeson said it would likely be the band's final full-scale tour together due to his psoriatic arthritis and Peart's chronic tendonitis. While Lifeson left the door open for future projects, including smaller tours and soundtrack work, he said the band's ultimate fate lays in the hands of music's greatest drummer.

If that's the case, it appears Rush is no more. In a new interview with Drumhead Magazine (via Jambase), Peart spoke frankly about his coming to terms with retirement. "... Lately Olivia has been introducing me to new friends at school as 'My dad– He's a retired drummer.' True to say–funny to hear. And it does not pain me to realize that, like all athletes, there comes a time to... take yourself out of the game. I would rather set it aside then face the predicament described in our song 'Losing It' ('Sadder still to watch it die, than never to have known it')."

Aside from aforementioned health issues, Peart previously mentioned his desire to spend more time with family. Following the tragic deaths of his daughter and first wife in the late '90s, Peart remarried in 2000. He and his wife had a daughter, Olivia, in 2009.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

barnesy305

Not a shock but well deserved. I'm glad I saw them this one last time.

khalpin

Quote from: barnesy305 on December 07, 2015, 05:13:34 PM
And of all the times I saw them, that tour was my favorite.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: khalpin on December 07, 2015, 05:19:32 PM

All of this is true for me, too. Unfortunately, the thread title is all wrong today!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

barnesy305

Caravan2001

Really wish I went this last time because we all knew this was coming.  Was the same day as Phish in Bend....Still glad I got to see them a bunch, even though most of those times were 83-85.  Saw one show in the 90s and one around 2000.

Caravan2001

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 07, 2015, 05:51:22 PM
Quote from: khalpin on December 07, 2015, 05:19:32 PM

All of this is true for me, too. Unfortunately, the thread title is all wrong today!

Yeah, was thinking the same thing...

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

PIE-GUY

mopper_smurf

Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

khalpin

So not only will Alex and Geddy be inducting Yes into the R&R Hall of Fame next month, according to Jon Anderson, Geddy will be playing bass when the band plays Roundabout.

Caravan2001

Quote from: khalpin on March 08, 2017, 03:53:51 PM
So not only will Alex and Geddy be inducting Yes into the R&R Hall of Fame next month, according to Jon Anderson, Geddy will be playing bass when the band plays Roundabout.

Sick

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 08, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

Sick

Yeah... that's good shit.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PIE-GUY on March 08, 2017, 10:08:39 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 08, 2017, 08:17:23 PM

Sick

Yeah... that's good shit.

Nice!
Twitter | FB | Instagram