News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

mediawiki installed!

Started by tet, April 17, 2006, 06:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

ok, just installed mediawiki, it seemed easy enough to do... both appear to be up and running at the moment.

you may access the new wiki at:  www.week4paug.net/mediawiki/

you may access the old wiki at:  www.week4paug.net/wiki

anyway, please register for accounts and then we can start giving permissions.  i will be out for most of tonite though, so don't get too carried away if you don't hear back from me immediately.  i'll try to bring my laptop with me, but no guarantees. 

note:  i have NOT found a way to easily move the directories around.  therefore, we might have to keep using mediawiki as the name of the database.  the only way around this is to uninstall it and reinstall into a new directory, such as wikipaug.  i cannot move the /wiki directory and have that function anymore, so we're a bit limited as to what we can do right now.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jedifunk

ok, so i went ahead and threw 10-7-00 together... rather quickly... its still the link to the phantasytour stub...  and its not all together, but i just wanted to try to remember how MW works.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

August

so we can scan our own stubs for the mediawiki?
right?
a

jedifunk

yup, we just upload them...

did we discuss this before?  i think so... but in any case... let try to standardize our file type and naming system for stubs..

jpg will be best, but png would be ok... png just make larger files (in general)

as for name, i like stub20001007.jpg or png
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sophist

I'm in........but I'm goin to bed soon  :wink: 
I'll get to work tomorrow fellas. 
Thanks for changing the software Tet.

have a good night and don't work too hard.
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

jephrey

Looks like I know what I'll be doing at work tomorrow...  I'll do a little tonight.

One thing...  What if we named the pages like  October 7, 2000.  Then, we wouldn't even have to put the title at the top.  It'd already be the first line of the page.  The template can hold the venue, links to the year and tour pages, and the overall setlist page along with the stub...  Even if we stay this way, The template can also hold the date line as well...  Working on a template.

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

jedifunk

jephrey the template builder!  to the rescue! :-D
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Oh this is working like clibbis.   :-D

I'm liking this already.  The thing I never liked about these things is they're not necessarily expandable (you can't do the whole setlist).  But as for the title and all, I have it started and hope to get to a good spot by bedtime.  I started the Setlists page, but it just has enough so that I could try out linking to an anchor (or header, YAY).  It's cool.  I'm doing 10-06 and the template and may do a little with the setlists page tonight.  So take a look in the morn and tell me what you all think...  The code should be pretty clean!
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

tet

try to keep text copies on your drive of the coding you do.  i am likely going to reinstall this into /wiki as soon as you get what is needed from the wikkawiki.  we may lose the database, we may not...  i am not sure. 
-Phish

jephrey

Obvious idiot here, but please let us know before you do it.  I'm not copying anything right now, but will as soon as I need to.

tanks

J

tet

-Phish

tet

ok, for the time being we are going to leave the directory as /mediawiki and just have a new virtual domain, so as soon as DNS updates in the next few minutes/hours/days, everybody will be able to go to:  wiki.week4paug.net  and it will automatically bring you to week4paug.net/mediawiki -- that's the simplest way to do this
-Phish

jephrey