News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Decemberists: new album March 24 (free MP3 inside)

Started by mopper_smurf, January 15, 2009, 11:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Shame that the premier is tonight...
LOST preempts all other things.

That said the album is great. I cannot wait until my LP gets here.

shoreline99

The band will premiere the music of Hazards in its entirety, and play music from the rest of its repertory, as part of NPR Music's official South by Southwest showcase. The show will be streamed and broadcast live from Stubb's Bar-B-Q in Austin, Tex., and archived online afterward, starting at 11 p.m. ET on Wed., March 18. (The Decemberists will take the stage at 1 a.m. ET, after opening acts The Avett Brothers and The Heartless Bastards.)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101397853
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

rowjimmy

Quote from: shoreline99 on March 18, 2009, 08:59:29 AM
The band will premiere the music of Hazards in its entirety, and play music from the rest of its repertory, as part of NPR Music's official South by Southwest showcase. The show will be streamed and broadcast live from Stubb's Bar-B-Q in Austin, Tex., and archived online afterward, starting at 11 p.m. ET on Wed., March 18. (The Decemberists will take the stage at 1 a.m. ET, after opening acts The Avett Brothers and The Heartless Bastards.)

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=101397853

I'll wait for the podcast...

mattstick

I wish I was hardcore enough to stay up past 2am to listen to this.

rowjimmy

Quote from: mattstick on March 18, 2009, 09:07:40 AM

I wish I was hardcore enough to stay up past 2am to listen to this.

Indeed.
I'd have to stay up all night though, as I get up @ 4:30 for work.

mattstick

Some days I get up at 5am and run before work, most days it's 6.

4:30am is hardcore.

tet

damn, well i'll wait for the podcast too i guess.

but the album is fan-fuckin-tastic!!  i just keep listening to it, sorta like i did with Crane Wife when that came out...  their albums are just masterpieces, and i am SUPER stoked that i have such amazing seats @ Radio City for them!!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

rowjimmy

Quote from: tet on March 18, 2009, 09:22:36 AM
damn, well i'll wait for the podcast too i guess.

but the album is fan-fuckin-tastic!!  i just keep listening to it, sorta like i did with Crane Wife when that came out...  their albums are just masterpieces, and i am SUPER stoked that i have such amazing seats @ Radio City for them!!!

Stoked for you, dude.

I agree, this album is as easy to obsess over as their previous ones.
Honestly, Crane Wife was in everyday rotation for a long while but since then their entire catalog has spun up into equal rotation. I figure that I'm not going more than a day or two, tops, without spinning one of their albums on my turntable or my ipod.

Which reminds me, not only did I preorder Hazards of Love on vinyl, I ordered "Picaresque" on vinyl as well. When that package arrives I'll have all of the albums (including the combo LP with The Tain & Five Songs) and the Bridesmaid series on vinyl.

mattstick

I am stoked for Decemberists @ Bonnaroo.

I doubt it will happen but if they gave them a late-night Saturday night set it would be awesome.

nab

Kind of a crappy little photo, but I'll be seeing them here at the end of May:

This was taken at the back of the balcony, the place seats like 1100 tops.  Full bar available too.

rowjimmy

I keep forgetting that I saw, and taped them @ Vegoose in 2005.
I need to dig that up and relisten/reseed it.

edit:
It's on the archive.. duh.
http://www.archive.org/details/decemberists2005-10-29.flac16
taper is listed as spoogles.. his rig > my recorder. We taped a shit-ton together that weekend.

mattstick

Quote from: nab on March 18, 2009, 09:34:20 AM

This was taken at the back of the balcony, the place seats like 1100 tops.  Full bar available too.

I saw them in Brussels, Belgium in '06 in a building that held 500 people.  It was so intimate and I was so drunk that Colin was eavesdropping on my conversation with a buddy.  Almost nobody attending the show spoke English either.

shoreline99

Can't wait for Radio City either. My seats are like 4 rows away from Tet, so at least we'll get a meetup :)

I'll be waiting for the podcast in the morning as well..
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

nab

Quote from: mattstick on March 18, 2009, 09:45:57 AM

I saw them in Brussels, Belgium in '06 in a building that held 500 people.  It was so intimate and I was so drunk that Colin was eavesdropping on my conversation with a buddy.  Almost nobody attending the show spoke English either.

Nice.  I can't wait.

Last time they were here Colin busted out some Tarkio songs solo acoustic for the hometown crowd.  I sure hope he does that again.  

mopper_smurf

Quote from: mattstick on March 18, 2009, 09:45:57 AM

They have two languages in Belgium: Flemish (which is lot like Dutch, slightly different) and French. They don't get along very well. O, and a small part of the population speaks German, but nobody cares about them.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy