News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2012, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by postjack, October 19, 2011, 11:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: aphineday on January 25, 2012, 12:44:15 PM
So I guess we're doing New Orleans dirty and cheap. My buddy booked us a fucking Hostel. At least we have our own room/bathroom, but still.

FUCKING HOSTILE

Lifeboy

So I guess we're doing New Orleans dirty and cheap. My buddy booked us a fucking Hostel. At least we have our own room/bathroom, but still.

That's most likely the route I would go if it were me in your shoes. I usually choose the cheapest path when I travel to shows, etc.

..... but I'm 23 and broke  :evil:
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

aphineday

Quote from: Lifeboy on January 26, 2012, 05:35:12 AM

That's most likely the route I would go if it were me in your shoes. I usually choose the cheapest path when I travel to shows, etc.

It's not going to be too horrible I guess, it looks clean, safe (has security), and with a private room/bath. In all reality, we're going to party, and listen to music, not hang out at the hotel. Either way, very pumped!!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

gah

Quote from: aphineday on January 26, 2012, 11:29:54 AM

It's not going to be too horrible I guess, it looks clean, safe (has security), and with a private room/bath. In all reality, we're going to party, and listen to music, not hang out at the hotel. Either way, very pumped!!

Is it the India House? If so, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. You're gonna have a rocking great time!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

Tune into the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods America tonight as they go to New Orleans... featuring Kermit's BBQ at Vaughn's.

"Kermit's BBQ is right... it ain't that right."
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 30, 2012, 03:52:46 PM
Tune into the Travel Channel's Bizarre Foods America tonight as they go to New Orleans... featuring Kermit's BBQ at Vaughn's.

Evening schedule set. Thanks!

aphineday

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 30, 2012, 10:40:27 AM
Quote from: aphineday on January 26, 2012, 11:29:54 AM

Is it the India House? If so, I wouldn't be disappointed at all. You're gonna have a rocking great time!
It is actually! Sweet! Glad to hear a positive review!!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

anthrax

Quote from: kellerb on January 25, 2012, 04:54:44 PM

FUCKING HOSTILE

:clap: :clap: :clap:

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on January 30, 2012, 04:26:45 PM

Despite watching this right after dinner, it made me hungry! Is it Jazzfest yet?

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on January 30, 2012, 10:19:11 PM
Quote from: goodabouthood on January 30, 2012, 04:26:45 PM

Despite watching this right after dinner, it made me hungry! Is it Jazzfest yet?

Missed this as I fell asleep as soon as I got home last night. BUT, I must've had NOLA on my mind, cause GPJ was in my dream! I don't know why but he was hanging out in my elementary school cafeteria, and it was lunch time, and he was joking about having peanut butter but not enough jam  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard Only thing I can think is it's in that cafeteria that I first learned to play music, so somehow that's how that linked up? I don't know.

Oh, to live in that city though! GPJ, Johnny V, and Fred Wesley, no particular reason, just another Thursday night at the Maple Leaf.  :-o

gah

2012 Posters are up:

http://www.art4now.com/

T shorty on the regular one (after being on the congo sq one in 09), and Shamarr Allen on the Congo Sq one.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: goodabouthood on February 01, 2012, 10:44:16 AM
2012 Posters are up:

http://www.art4now.com/

T shorty on the regular one (after being on the congo sq one in 09), and Shamarr Allen on the Congo Sq one.

I may skip a year on the poster. Can't get one every year. It'll get readicculus if I do...

postjack

i'll be getting the trombone short poster for sure. i love it. the artist made it just funky/psychedelic enough. definitely a framer!

attendance update: as of right now I'll be at the fairgrounds 1st and 2nd saturdays and sundays. got hotels booked for fri/sat night both weekends, driving home sunday after the fest.

the challenge, as always, is making this work with final exams. i'm really trying to get extra studying/work done every weekend so all my presentations and papers don't pile up on me in april.
Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

gah

Quote from: postjack on February 02, 2012, 12:51:00 PM
i'll be getting the trombone short poster for sure. i love it. the artist made it just funky/psychedelic enough. definitely a framer!

Yeah man, terrance Osborne's work is really good.

Check the other 2 he's done

As for Dave skipping this one, I don't believe it. You gotta go for the dude's entire series!

postjack

Quote from: phil on July 06, 2011, 07:09:31 PMI hate every band except phish.
Quote from: sophist on April 29, 2011, 04:31:54 PM::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::