News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GBL

Love that fucking tape too! Happy anniversery bud!
If this is love, I'm never going home..

PIE-GUY

The Wetlands was legendary. I had a few crazy nights in that place. The stage was at street level... The downstairs area you remember was a lounge with couches and shit. Wish I had seen phish in that place.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

mattstick

That's way cooler than Darien Lake, 12 years ago today.

I've generally found that people who were on the lawn hated that show, people under the roof thought it was cool.  In retrospect it's everything that I dislike about Fall 2000, but the Reba is good times.

Weirdest choice for a Live Phish release?

mbw

Superfreakie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on September 14, 2012, 05:56:58 AM
The Wetlands was legendary. I had a few crazy nights in that place. The stage was at street level... The downstairs area you remember was a lounge with couches and shit. Wish I had seen phish in that place.

Ah, thanks for clarifying buddy. As I've said before, I have no idea how Caravan manages to recall certain intricacies of his adventures. Regrettably, attending somewhere around a thousand live music events, the majority on acid, and then attempting to recall the confines of some small club you went to 22 years ago is no longer in my cards.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

I remember every room I've been to over the years and The Wetlands is still a favorite.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2012, 09:17:20 AM
I remember every room I've been to over the years and The Wetlands is still a favorite.

clearly, you need to eat more acid.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

...........but seriously, I envy you.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 09:38:33 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 14, 2012, 09:17:20 AM

clearly, you need to eat more acid.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

...........but seriously, I envy you.

Shows like that I remember all the more clearly.

I just have that kind of memory.

sophist

Really?  The vibe is different in every room.  That's one of those subtle nuances I love about arriving in the show spun.  You instantly pick up energy I otherwise think you wouldn't.  Especially in a bigger venue.  I really like the insanity feeling that follows for me as I walk into a big arena or shed. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Superfreakie

Quote from: sophist on September 14, 2012, 09:46:21 AM
Really?  The vibe is different in every room.  That's one of those subtle nuances I love about arriving in the show spun.  You instantly pick up energy I otherwise think you wouldn't.  Especially in a bigger venue.  I really like the insanity feeling that follows for me as I walk into a big arena or shed.

Are you trying to tell me how acid and musical environments work together? Lulz.

......but seriously n00b, do you have any idea how many concerts I have seen on acid. Good Lord, I did the late punk skate scene (prior to your Green Day days  :wink: ), so Pixies, Ramones, JFA, DOA, etc.... Then the Rock and Roll metal re-birth with Guns and Roses which bled into the West Coast grunge scene, during which I was funding money to host raves, of which I attended hundreds. And all this while hitting jam band shows and letting that love grow. Oh and I nearly forgot the hundreds of jazz shows I have seen. Basically, all I did for 15 years solid was drop acid and see music.

Come back and see me in ten years and let me know if you remember the vibe at Merriweather Post in 2009 I believe it was.  :tte:     

sophist

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 10:45:14 AM
Quote from: sophist on September 14, 2012, 09:46:21 AM

Are you trying to tell me how acid and musical environments work together? Lulz.

......but seriously n00b, do you have any idea how many concerts I have seen on acid. Good Lord, I did the late punk skate scene (prior to your Green Day days  :wink: ), so Pixies, Ramones, JFA, DOA, etc.... Then the Rock and Roll metal re-birth with Guns and Roses which bled into the West Coast grunge scene, during which I was funding money to host raves, of which I attended hundreds. And all this while hitting jam band shows and letting that love grow. Oh and I nearly forgot the hundreds of jazz shows I have seen. Basically, all I did for 15 years solid was drop acid and see music.

Come back and see me in ten years and let me know if you remember the vibe at Merriweather Post in 2009 I believe it was.  :tte:     
No.  I'm not trying to tell you how a drug works.  But thanks for getting your panties in a wad, and all defensive. 

I was sincerely asking if you don't remember what the vibe was like the wetlands when you walked in or most rooms, especially the first time you visited the room.  That's all.  And I'm not saying you should remember every moment either.  I think certain ones do stand out.  And with me, and this is just particular to me (so no need to get all high and fucking mighty like you just did), I tend to remember that more.  So that is all I was asking.  It was specific to you, and not a general conversation of how drugs work. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

natronzero

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.