News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blatboom

Hicks

Quote from: blatboom on September 14, 2012, 11:33:14 AM
yeah so just a sarcasm meter tune-up for you buddy

I recommend getting one every 5,000 miles.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VDB

Quote from: natronzero on September 14, 2012, 11:29:15 AM
Quote from: mattstick on September 14, 2012, 08:53:51 AM
That's way cooler than Darien Lake, 12 years ago today.

I've generally found that people who were on the lawn hated that show, people under the roof thought it was cool.  In retrospect it's everything that I dislike about Fall 2000, but the Reba is good times.

Weirdest choice for a Live Phish release?

I'd probably put it at #3 or so, after Camden 99 and Alpine 00.

Also, maybe it was that same article, I think I remember that they said they picked Camden because Fishman thought the Chalkdust was the greatest Phish jam ever.

And I agree, Alpine just didn't make much sense, even if you accept the Y2K bias on that first wave of releases.
Is this still Wombat?

Superfreakie

Quote from: blatboom on September 14, 2012, 11:34:30 AM
Alpine 00 is the biggest head scratcher for me by far. I like 9/14/00 up until the end of Crosseyed then it falls off a cliff

Live Phish Ventura '98 is another WTF.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Hicks

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 12:29:46 PM
Alpine 00 is the biggest head scratcher for me by far. I like 9/14/00 up until the end of Crosseyed then it falls off a cliff

It's really a head scratcher because that show hasn't even been released. 

But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Superfreakie

Quote from: Hicks on September 14, 2012, 12:40:19 PM

fucking Portland....
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

WhatstheUse?

I've always thought Darien '00 was a pretty good show -- better than many that fall, imo.

Reba, Carini, Suzy and Drowned are all great... set slouches a bit after that but a good show overall.  Really like the vibe of all those jams...

7/8/00 would be at the bottom of my Live Phish list as well, but I can see why they picked it.  It's as solid Phish show.  Not much meandering, searching or slop that was becoming more and more prevelant in 2000.  Piper/R&R/Tweezer combo are all real solid.

8/13/96 is another SOLID show, but they really should have released the next night instead.
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 12:59:37 PM
Quote from: Hicks on September 14, 2012, 12:40:19 PM

fucking Portland....

I dunno I think the California Love Tweezer makes it worthy, and it also has the only jammed Horn as well as some classic banter in Guyute.

I'd say that Creek show is great in my book, the first set is perfection and Mike's gets out there.

VDB

Portland Moma Dance is also dope.

And agreed on the DC show... incredibly solid from top to bottom and the Mike's is an all-timer.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Yeah, no real complaints about DC 96... just like Hershey better.

Love that Horn jam from Portland. Great show.  Birds, LxL, Tweezer & Free are all hot stuff too.
Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on September 14, 2012, 01:00:14 PM
8/13/96 is another SOLID show, but they really should have released the next night instead.

The 14th has the dream set list and is my second favorite show that tour. However, the Tweezer, DWD, Jim, while ripping type I's, have little in the way of visiting the outer rings of Uranus. Whereas the 13th is blastoff from the get go. And the second set might very well have the most evil and twisted of all Mike's Songs. Imagine the '96 Creek Mike's song with the NYE '95 'paug. Kaboom.

Augustus

anthrax

Quote from: blatboom on September 14, 2012, 11:08:45 AM
Quote from: Superfreakie on September 14, 2012, 01:22:11 AM
First Tube

whole story is BS First Tube wasn't debuted until 1999 even I know that

LOL!

that was one of my favorite tapes and then it was one of the first shows i got on cdr.  super crisp dsbd...loved it!

Gumbo72203

No way man, Alpine 00 is fucking sick.  That whole release, for me, is made worth it by the first 3 minutes of Piper.  Its THE perfect Piper build.  Dude, go pull it out, and put it on.  REALLY LOUD.  And listen to Mike. 

Its all about Mike.  The registers that he chooses to play the notes in, and when he switches to the lower notes..... ugh.  I just got goosebumps thinking about it.  The jam is pretty good, and I'm pretty sure Trey is teasing 3.0 Phish in the Tweezer jam :P 

Seriously though, I would buy the show again just to hear that Piper intro in SBD.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

natronzero

My last Phish show..
QuoteSeptember 24, 1999
Austin, TX (USA)
South Park Meadows

Set 1: First Tube > Punch You In the Eye, Farmhouse, Water in the Sky, The Moma Dance, Down with Disease, Roggae, Back on the Train, Guyute, Loving Cup

Set 2: Peaches en Regalia > Possum, Wolfman's Brother -> The Lizards, Sand -> Misty Mountain Hop

Encore: Boogie On Reggae Woman > Chalk Dust Torture

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.