News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnesy305

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 28, 2013, 03:43:29 PM
Quote from: McGrupp on February 28, 2013, 03:38:04 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on February 28, 2013, 03:16:14 PM
Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 12:48:14 PM
Ah, the Greensboro show...

That was a night.

The stories never get old.

So let's hear 'em!

This is actually the abridged version.

Ok, so Igbo, RJ, his wife, her girlfriend and I lit out of RVA on the morning of the show in RJ's none too spacious vehicle. Igbo and I had made Jack and Coke Super Big Gulp road sodas and the poor girlfriend, being the smallest, was riding bitch between us. If any of you have spent any amount of time with the two of us together, you know this is not a seat of honor. The two of us are getting pretty blasted and clinking cups right in her face and generally being obnoxious. After pregaming at the hotel, we head for the venue and  it starts to rain as we get near, so the lot was dead as shit. We don't know if the venue even sells alcohol, so we slug some Jack and Mezcal and then head in. Well 20 minutes standing in line wasted fucking sucked and once we were inside we noticed that they indeed sold beer. Score! We sit behind the stage and after getting settled, the ladies head for the bathroom. They come back with fucking frozen margaritas...Where did you get those shits??? Oh, there's a frozen drink stand next to the bathroom. On it. Modi and I roll over to the drink stand and notice that there is a full bar right next to it. Fuck the frozen shit, Maker's on the rocks please. The lights go down and we get down. At setbreak, I run into a couple of friends and they had something, either mahl or chocos, I can't remember which, but whatever it was, I ate it. The second set was a blast from what I remember. I forgot to mention, there was a tittie bar right in front of the venue. Modi and I try to convince the crew to go to the club, but no one else was having it. Eh, just drop us off. No problem, have fun at soccer practice, you can walk home. Jonathan barely slowed down and we spilled out of his car. We get in the club and it is mostly locals with a few tables of dudes from the show. I proceed to spend a bunch of dough, got a $20 dollar lap dance for $13 bucks, almost get kicked out for feeling up the stripper, felt her up some more when the bouncer turned to walk away, almost get kicked out again, somehow we close the place down and try really hard to get a ride to the hotel from some strippers. A cab was called. Shit gets real blurry here but I remember running into my friends from home and grabbing the Mezcal and Jack and roaming the halls. We also came upon the indoor pool and sat on these lounges and watched a bunch of fucked up folks have a big massage train in the pool. Or they were doing something, I don't know. We were drinking from the bottles and it was hot as shit. Disgusting. There was also a king's bounty of snacks bought from the vending machines and lost change and I think we got yelled at by a hotel worker. And then a round of everyone's favorite fun game: punch each other in the nuts. Spoiler alert: no one won. You know what's hilarious at 4 in the morning in a dead quiet room? Opening bags of Fritos and attempting to eat them. Shit was the loudest thing I ever heard. Failing at all that, I woke up with fucking Fritos everywhere. Brunch looked delicious and was choked down with bouts of nausea. Boy, it was a quiet ride home, full of remorse and warranted judgments.   

antelope19

Damn!

I ended up crashing in a dorm room and hooking up with a girl who was a student at UNCG. We had worked together at a restaurant the previous summer.  She didn't even go to the show, I just showed up on her doorstep and we banged. Best night ever!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

mbw

barnesy305

emay

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2013, 06:54:10 PM
Damn!

I ended up crashing in a dorm room and hooking up with a girl who was a student at UNCG. We had worked together at a restaurant the previous summer.  She didn't even go to the show, I just showed up on her doorstep and we banged. Best night ever!

:clap:
and thats how its done!

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Buffalo Budd

I appreciate the story as well but I'm gonna have to go with this

Quote from: mbw on February 28, 2013, 06:58:30 PM
antelope wins.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

McGrupp

I can relate to the trying to eat quietly in a dark hotel room post show.

In Charleston '10 there was a Denny's in the parking lot of our hotel. In the middle of the parking lot. So obviously I got fuckin' country fried steak, eggs, and mashed potatoes with a shit ton of gravy. I was staying with qop and wife, they were asleep, and I rolled back and crushed that shit as quietly as possible, trying to not wake them up. I was fucked up. The plate was almost clean and, I kid you not, I was literally slurping the gravy off the plate, when qop wakes up and is all "dude, what the fuck are you doing".

All the stories you hear about me are true folks. I am a fat greasy bastard.
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

sophist

Meanwhile I was doing the same thing across town that night, but with waffle house, got a to go sandwich for my buddy, he was passed out when I got back.  Ate his fucking meal and had no shame about it. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

VDB

Quote from: antelope19 on February 28, 2013, 06:54:10 PM
I just showed up on her doorstep and we banged.

God bless girls like that.
Is this still Wombat?

Igbo

Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 06:44:51 PM

That was a night.

So let's hear 'em!

Ok, so Igbo, RJ, his wife, her girlfriend and I lit out of RVA on the morning of the show in RJ's none too spacious vehicle. Igbo and I had made Jack and Coke Super Big Gulp road sodas and the poor girlfriend, being the smallest, was riding bitch between us. If any of you have spent any amount of time with the two of us together, you know this is not a seat of honor. The two of us are getting pretty blasted and clinking cups right in her face and generally being obnoxious. After pregaming at the hotel, we head for the venue and  it starts to rain as we get near, so the lot was dead as shit. We don't know if the venue even sells alcohol, so we slug some Jack and Mezcal and then head in. Well 20 minutes standing in line wasted fucking sucked and once we were inside we noticed that they indeed sold beer. Score! We sit behind the stage and after getting settled, the ladies head for the bathroom. They come back with fucking frozen margaritas...Where did you get those shits??? Oh, there's a frozen drink stand next to the bathroom. On it. Modi and I roll over to the drink stand and notice that there is a full bar right next to it. Fuck the frozen shit, Maker's on the rocks please. The lights go down and we get down. At setbreak, I run into a couple of friends and they had something, either mahl or chocos, I can't remember which, but whatever it was, I ate it. The second set was a blast from what I remember. I forgot to mention, there was a tittie bar right in front of the venue. Modi and I try to convince the crew to go to the club, but no one else was having it. Eh, just drop us off. No problem, have fun at soccer practice, you can walk home. Jonathan barely slowed down and we spilled out of his car. We get in the club and it is mostly locals with a few tables of dudes from the show. I proceed to spend a bunch of dough, got a $20 dollar lap dance for $13 bucks, almost get kicked out for feeling up the stripper, felt her up some more when the bouncer turned to walk away, almost get kicked out again, somehow we close the place down and try really hard to get a ride to the hotel from some strippers. A cab was called. Shit gets real blurry here but I remember running into my friends from home and grabbing the Mezcal and Jack and roaming the halls. We also came upon the indoor pool and sat on these lounges and watched a bunch of fucked up folks have a big massage train in the pool. Or they were doing something, I don't know. We were drinking from the bottles and it was hot as shit. Disgusting. There was also a king's bounty of snacks bought from the vending machines and lost change and I think we got yelled at by a hotel worker. And then a round of everyone's favorite fun game: punch each other in the nuts. Spoiler alert: no one won. You know what's hilarious at 4 in the morning in a dead quiet room? Opening bags of Fritos and attempting to eat them. Shit was the loudest thing I ever heard. Failing at all that, I woke up with fucking Fritos everywhere. Brunch looked delicious and was choked down with bouts of nausea. Boy, it was a quiet ride home, full of remorse and warranted judgments.

RJ and Mrs. RJ could not kick us out of the car fast enough.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on March 01, 2013, 09:31:57 AM
Quote from: barnesy305 on February 28, 2013, 06:44:51 PM

That was a night.

So let's hear 'em!

RJ and Mrs. RJ could not kick us out of the car fast enough.

I was concerned that you were gonna barf on the backseat.

barnesy305

Igbo

it wouldve been filled with Jack, generic corn chips, and stripper sweat

barnesy305

Quote from: Igbo on March 01, 2013, 03:10:36 PM
it wouldve been filled with Jack, generic corn chips, and stripper sweat

Wouldn't be the first or last time.