News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antelope19

We missed the anniversary of the 7/10/99 chalkdust!
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

kellerb

Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2013, 09:22:08 PM

Every day is the anniversary of the 7/10/99 CDT

justjezmund

Quote from: kellerb on July 11, 2013, 09:24:14 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on July 11, 2013, 09:22:08 PM

Every day is the anniversary of the 7/10/99 CDT

only noobs miss that.  I make sure to check that and the gin every year.

edit: oh yeah that tweez too.
Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

khalpin

Quote from: PG on July 11, 2013, 08:38:02 PM
Oh yeah - I got my Phish.net email wishing me a happy phisiversary today. Been 21 years since my first show. 7/11/92 - HORDE Tour.
:clap:

DoW

19 years ago was a night that truly changed my life.
you can't really ask for a better first show.
the 2nd set defines everything I love about music (even though it opened with Possum  :evil:).
everyone should give that set a listen tonight.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

birdman

Quote from: DoW on July 13, 2013, 06:19:39 PM
19 years ago was a night that truly changed my life.
you can't really ask for a better first show.
the 2nd set defines everything I love about music (even though it opened with Possum  :evil:).
everyone should give that set a listen tonight.
Great first show, Newb.
Paug FTMFW!

mbw

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Epic first show!!! Maybe my favorite version of Possum.
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

rowjimmy

anthrax

VA $l!m

Today is the 20th anniversary of my 1st Phish show  8-)

Saturday, 07/17/1993
The Filene Center at Wolf Trap, Vienna, VA

Soundcheck: Jump Monk tease, Shaggy Dog, Nellie Kane, Leprechaun, The Mango Song (x2), Funky Bitch (x2), Punch You in the Eye, Blues Jam

Set 1: The Landlady > Runaway Jim, Sample in a Jar, My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own, Stash, Reba[1], Chalk Dust Torture, The Horse[2] > Silent in the Morning > The Oh Kee Pa Ceremony > David Bowie

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Tweezer, The Squirming Coil, It's Ice, Sparkle > Big Ball Jam > Mike's Song > Leprechaun > Weekapaug Groove[3] -> Hold Your Head Up -> Faht[4], Rift, Good Times Bad Times

Encore: Amazing Grace, Daniel Saw the Stone > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Stash teases from Trey.
[2] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[3] Unfinished.
[4] Fishman on acoustic guitar.

Notes: Reba contained Stash teases from Trey. The Horse featured Trey on acoustic guitar and Faht featured Fishman on acoustic guitar. Weekapaug was unfinished.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Buffalo Budd

Now that's a doozy of a first slim.

Today marks the 14th anniversary of Oswego.  Had such good times at this fest, seems like a lifetime ago.

07/17/1999 (Sat) Oswego County Airport - Volney, NY
Set 1: Tube, Boogie on Reggae Woman, Birds of a Feather, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Roggae, Tweezer > Have Mercy*, Taste, Character Zero
Set 2: Funky Bitch**, On My Knees**, On My Knees Reprise***, Down With Disease, Wolfman's Brother > Sneaking Sally Through the Alley > Timber, You Enjoy Myself
E: The Squirming Coil, Tweezer Reprise
Comment: * - With Trey on keys.
** - With Son Seals (composer of Funky Bitch).
*** - Blues jam played as Son Seals left the stage.

07/18/1999 (Sun) Oswego County Airport - Volney, NY
Set 1: Punch You in the Eye, Farmhouse, Water in the Sky, Bathtub Gin, Get Back on the Train*, Call Me If You Need a Fool*, I'm Blue I'm Lonesome*, Beauty of My Dreams*, Moma Dance, Reba, Chalk Dust Torture
Set 2: Runaway Jim > Free, Meatstick**, Guyute, Axilla***, Llama
Set 3: My Soul, Piper# > Prince Caspian, Wilson > Catapult## > Icculus###, Mighty Quinn, Fluffhead,
E: Harry Hood
Comment: * - With the Del McCoury Band.  One of Del's band members broke a
string and left the stage so a fiddle/banjo breakdown ensued during his absence.
** - With an explanation of the record by Trey, Sofi on stage dancing and with the Guinnes Book of World Records staff videotaping the event for verification yet on what the estimated attendance count was, much less a count of those dancing.  Though preliminary reports suggest the crowd may have exceeded 70,000, but that participation in the Meatstick Dance was weak.
*** - Axillas on this tour had been Axilla I but with the II ending, this performance was pure I, with no II ending.
# - With glowstick war and Trey on keys.
## - Catapult was followed by a tremendous amount of banter and toying, all continuing in the E chord from the end of Wilson, which was never finished.  Trey tells the audience to "read the fucking, helping, friendly book".  He they said "you won't find it on MTV or at Barnes & Noble or Borders or Amazon or on the Internet... if you want to find out, you've got to read the fucking book".  He continued his banter with comparing 'Smoke on the Water' to 'Cat Scratch Fever' and demonstrated during the jam.
### - Followed by more narration and teases of the Rolling Stones 'Miss You'.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on July 17, 2013, 01:30:12 PM
Now that's a doozy of a first slim.

Today marks the 14th anniversary of Oswego.  Had such good times at this fest, seems like a lifetime ago.

07/17/1999 (Sat) Oswego County Airport - Volney, NY
Set 1: Tube, Boogie on Reggae Woman, Birds of a Feather, Guelah Papyrus, My Sweet One, Roggae, Tweezer > Have Mercy*, Taste, Character Zero
Set 2: Funky Bitch**, On My Knees**, On My Knees Reprise***, Down With Disease, Wolfman's Brother > Sneaking Sally Through the Alley > Timber, You Enjoy Myself
E: The Squirming Coil, Tweezer Reprise
Comment: * - With Trey on keys.
** - With Son Seals (composer of Funky Bitch).
*** - Blues jam played as Son Seals left the stage.

07/18/1999 (Sun) Oswego County Airport - Volney, NY
Set 1: Punch You in the Eye, Farmhouse, Water in the Sky, Bathtub Gin, Get Back on the Train*, Call Me If You Need a Fool*, I'm Blue I'm Lonesome*, Beauty of My Dreams*, Moma Dance, Reba, Chalk Dust Torture
Set 2: Runaway Jim > Free, Meatstick**, Guyute, Axilla***, Llama
Set 3: My Soul, Piper# > Prince Caspian, Wilson > Catapult## > Icculus###, Mighty Quinn, Fluffhead,
E: Harry Hood
Comment: * - With the Del McCoury Band.  One of Del's band members broke a
string and left the stage so a fiddle/banjo breakdown ensued during his absence.
** - With an explanation of the record by Trey, Sofi on stage dancing and with the Guinnes Book of World Records staff videotaping the event for verification yet on what the estimated attendance count was, much less a count of those dancing.  Though preliminary reports suggest the crowd may have exceeded 70,000, but that participation in the Meatstick Dance was weak.
*** - Axillas on this tour had been Axilla I but with the II ending, this performance was pure I, with no II ending.
# - With glowstick war and Trey on keys.
## - Catapult was followed by a tremendous amount of banter and toying, all continuing in the E chord from the end of Wilson, which was never finished.  Trey tells the audience to "read the fucking, helping, friendly book".  He they said "you won't find it on MTV or at Barnes & Noble or Borders or Amazon or on the Internet... if you want to find out, you've got to read the fucking book".  He continued his banter with comparing 'Smoke on the Water' to 'Cat Scratch Fever' and demonstrated during the jam.
### - Followed by more narration and teases of the Rolling Stones 'Miss You'.

Wow. We had a blast at that one.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment