News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 30, 2013, 04:25:20 PM
Quote from: GBL on July 30, 2013, 04:22:24 PM
Phish 7/30/2003

Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ

Set 1: My Friend, My Friend, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Scents and Subtle Sounds, You Ain't Goin' Nowhere[1], Spock's Brain > Chalk Dust Torture, On Your Way Down, Fast Enough for You[2] > Taste

Set 2: Twist, Bug, You Enjoy Myself, Walls of the Cave

Encore: Secret Smile

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Bathtub Gin tease from Page.

Notes: Lonesome Cowboy Bill was played for the first time since October 31, 1998 (173 shows). This show marked the Phish debut of You Ain't Goin' Nowhere. On Your Way Down was played for the first time since October 2, 1999 (108 shows). FEFY included a Bathtub Gin tease from Page.     

http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/2003-07-30

Looky there -- a 30-minute jam in the first set, and a Spock's Brain! Oh, the salad days!
I drank a little too much at this show.  :angel:

they did get booed for the secret smile.
Music is meant to be heard
***Support Bands That Allow Taping/Trading***

http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Brian%20V.%22&sort=-publicdate

VDB

Quote from: DoW on July 30, 2013, 04:41:18 PM
Quote from: V00D00BR3W on July 30, 2013, 04:25:20 PM
Quote from: GBL on July 30, 2013, 04:22:24 PM
Phish 7/30/2003

Tweeter Center at the Waterfront, Camden, NJ

Set 1: My Friend, My Friend, Lonesome Cowboy Bill, Scents and Subtle Sounds, You Ain't Goin' Nowhere[1], Spock's Brain > Chalk Dust Torture, On Your Way Down, Fast Enough for You[2] > Taste

Set 2: Twist, Bug, You Enjoy Myself, Walls of the Cave

Encore: Secret Smile

[1] Phish debut.
[2] Bathtub Gin tease from Page.

Notes: Lonesome Cowboy Bill was played for the first time since October 31, 1998 (173 shows). This show marked the Phish debut of You Ain't Goin' Nowhere. On Your Way Down was played for the first time since October 2, 1999 (108 shows). FEFY included a Bathtub Gin tease from Page.     

http://www.phishtracks.com/shows/2003-07-30

Looky there -- a 30-minute jam in the first set, and a Spock's Brain! Oh, the salad days!
I drank a little too much at this show.  :angel:

they did get booed for the secret smile.

As they rightly well should have!

Is this still Wombat?

emay

barnesy305

18 years ago I was crying my fucking eyes out.

rowjimmy

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: barnesy305 on August 09, 2013, 11:03:51 AM

I was so upset I went home from work.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

birdman

Quote from: mehead on August 09, 2013, 11:11:41 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2013, 11:08:11 AM

Pretty much.
It was a hellishly hot day, working in a cloud of dust kicked up by a half dozen jackhammers.
I didn't think the day could be any worse.
Then someone told me about Jerry.
Paug FTMFW!

barnesy305

Quote from: birdman on August 09, 2013, 11:22:57 AM

Pretty much.
It was a hellishly hot day, working in a cloud of dust kicked up by a half dozen jackhammers.

I remember fall tour tickets had just come in the mail and my friend had just gotten Warfield tickets. I think he still has them.

rowjimmy

Pretty much.

I was at work at the record store when I got the news. Locked myself in the back room for a while.
Pretty sure the gang came by at some point.
Later, my co-worker chased some loudmouth punk kids out with a bat after they'd said the wrong thing about Jerry.

And my fall tickets had arrived for my 21st b-day in Boston.

mehead

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2013, 11:26:36 AM

Pretty much.

I was at work at the record store when I got the news. Locked myself in the back room for a while.
Later, my co-worker chased some loudmouth punk kids out with a bat after they'd said the wrong thing about Jerry.

I too had just received my tickets for Boston

I was getting ready to head out to the Horde when my phone just started to ring off the hook.  After the 3rd call I left the phone off the hook and balled.  My boss actually called me at home to give me the next day off.

pcr3

Quote from: mehead on August 09, 2013, 11:31:49 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 09, 2013, 11:26:36 AM

Pretty much.

I too had just received my tickets for Boston

I was getting ready to head out to the Horde when my phone just started to ring off the hook.  After the 3rd call I left the phone off the hook and balled.  My boss actually called me at home to give me the next day off.

Similar thing for me.  I had gotten tix for all six nights to close out ye olde Boston Garden the day before.  We were euphoric, listened to  :syf: all fucking day.

Then we got the news, and after bawling and all that shit, I had to write a final paper for my summer school class.  Shit-tastic day all around.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

emay

Nice status about jerry from Tom Hamilton

QuoteMy phone rang and woke me up. It was my girlfriend and she was crying.

I wasn't shocked or grief ridden like she was. He lived on his terms, followed his road, and it happened to have ended where it did. His voice was a part of my life since before my earliest memories. It was what it was, and it is what it is.

I was fortunate that I was finally allowed to go see them that year. I caught the last night of the Spectrum run (Unbroken) and the two nights at RFK with my older brother and his friends. It was so special to me. I felt something incredible and I carry it with me to this day.

It was never about drugs, or hippies, or jamming. It wasn't about avoiding the real world by following a band around, or memorizing stats like they were a baseball team. It was the songs. The guitar playing, and the voice. The message of love, culture, art, and a life worth living.

That, my friends, is why I do what I do.

mehead

Quote from: emayPhishyMD on August 09, 2013, 01:15:25 PM
Nice status about jerry from Tom Hamilton

QuoteMy phone rang and woke me up. It was my girlfriend and she was crying.

I wasn't shocked or grief ridden like she was. He lived on his terms, followed his road, and it happened to have ended where it did. His voice was a part of my life since before my earliest memories. It was what it was, and it is what it is.

I was fortunate that I was finally allowed to go see them that year. I caught the last night of the Spectrum run (Unbroken) and the two nights at RFK with my older brother and his friends. It was so special to me. I felt something incredible and I carry it with me to this day.

It was never about drugs, or hippies, or jamming. It wasn't about avoiding the real world by following a band around, or memorizing stats like they were a baseball team. It was the songs. The guitar playing, and the voice. The message of love, culture, art, and a life worth living.

That, my friends, is why I do what I do.

Well said

PIE-GUY

Twenty years ago today... Murat Gin... Nuff sed.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul