News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on October 07, 2013, 06:37:54 PM
Can't believe fall 94 was 19 years ago.
I was 19.

Yep. My first show was 19 years ago today and I was 20.

I called Purple Rain.

Saturday, 10/08/1994
Patriot Center, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA

Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Horn > Sparkle > Down with Disease, Guyute, Fee1 > It's Ice, Lawn Boy > Run Like an Antelope

Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sample in a Jar, Rift > Mike's Song2 -> Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fluffhead > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg

Encore: Foreplay/Long Time3, Rocky Top

[1] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
[2] Cheer from a girls soccer team.
[3] Acoustic.
Notes: Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. Between Mike's Song and Simple, a dozen or so members of a girls soccer team took the stage for a cheer. Foreplay/Long Time was performed acoustic.

Buffalo Budd

^^Nice!!!!
This sandwich would have had me picking my face up off the floor.
Rift > Mike's Song2 -> Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

barnesy305

I think the soccer team was called the Muppets or some shit. I remember that the stage was engulfed in smoke and when it cleared they were on the stage yelling at us.

rowjimmy

Quote from: barnesy305 on October 08, 2013, 08:37:12 AM
I think the soccer team was called the Muppets or some shit. I remember that the stage was engulfed in smoke and when it cleared they were on the stage yelling at us.

That shit was weird.

This was a Trey running around in the fog and strobes with the megaphone night.

birdman

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2013, 08:50:28 AM

That shit was weird.

God that shit was good. Mike's ruled face in 94.
Paug FTMFW!

mbw

PIE-GUY

Quote from: birdman on October 08, 2013, 09:07:46 AM

That shit was weird.

Fall of 94 is my favorite tour in Phishtory... hands down.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

susep

Quote from: PG on October 08, 2013, 09:36:36 AM

That shit was weird.

Mine as well, it was the 2Nov.1994 Bangor ME show that hooked me bigtime.

runawayjimbo

That shit was weird.

This

Are you still thinking of doing the Fall '94 virtual tour? I was considering kicking it off myself but forgot to load up my iPod with this week's shows.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: runawayjimbo on October 08, 2013, 10:57:34 AM

That shit was weird.

This

Are you still thinking of doing the Fall '94 virtual tour? I was considering kicking it off myself but forgot to load up my iPod with this week's shows.

I am on board with doing this at 20 years - in 2014.... and continuing it through Summer 95... or perhaps we try and do two straight years of Phish 20 years later... 94-95!! Bold. Crazy. Epic.

VDB

Quote from: PG on October 08, 2013, 11:55:49 AM

That shit was weird.

This

I am on board with doing this at 20 years - in 2014.... and continuing it through Summer 95... or perhaps we try and do two straight years of Phish 20 years later... 94-95!! Bold. Crazy. Epic.

Have a friend make the playlists for you and hide a 20YL somewhere in each show! You'll never know where it will pop up on any given night, and it will be so crazy and unexpected!
Is this still Wombat?

runawayjimbo

Quote from: PG on October 08, 2013, 11:55:49 AM

That shit was weird.

This

Nice, I'm down (although the number of cylinders 3.0 will be firing on by then may be a distraction)
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

19 years ago tonight - the Maker with DMB. This was actually a great show. Still my only trip to Oak Mtn.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/119690/Flashback-Dave-Matthews-Band-And-Phish-Collaborate-On-The-Maker

QuoteEver since Phish started playing large venues they've gone without having opening acts in all but the rarest occasions. The Vermonters made a few exceptions in the mid '90s, most notably for the Dave Matthews Band in 1994 just before the DMB hit it big. Dave and his band opened a five shows for Phish in 1994, one of which took place 19 years ago tonight at Oak Mountain in Pelham, AL.

Phish played a pair of sets on that Saturday night in Alabama and when they returned for the encore, following a drum duet by Jon Fishman and Carter Beauford, all of the Dave Matthews Band came out for a debut cover of Daniel Lanois' "The Maker." Matthews handled vocals on the tune, which the Jerry Garcia Band, Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson have also covered over the years, with Anastasio providing falsetto backing vocals. The version of "The Maker" the bands laid down that night still stands as the only version in Phish history, though Anastasio performed the tune a few times as a member of Dave Matthews & Friends.

https://soundcloud.com/copperpot5/phish-dmb-the-maker-10-15-94

barnesy305

Quote from: PG on October 15, 2013, 01:06:27 PM
19 years ago tonight - the Maker with DMB. This was actually a great show. Still my only trip to Oak Mtn.

http://www.jambase.com/Articles/119690/Flashback-Dave-Matthews-Band-And-Phish-Collaborate-On-The-Maker

QuoteEver since Phish started playing large venues they've gone without having opening acts in all but the rarest occasions. The Vermonters made a few exceptions in the mid '90s, most notably for the Dave Matthews Band in 1994 just before the DMB hit it big. Dave and his band opened a five shows for Phish in 1994, one of which took place 19 years ago tonight at Oak Mountain in Pelham, AL.

Phish played a pair of sets on that Saturday night in Alabama and when they returned for the encore, following a drum duet by Jon Fishman and Carter Beauford, all of the Dave Matthews Band came out for a debut cover of Daniel Lanois' "The Maker." Matthews handled vocals on the tune, which the Jerry Garcia Band, Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson have also covered over the years, with Anastasio providing falsetto backing vocals. The version of "The Maker" the bands laid down that night still stands as the only version in Phish history, though Anastasio performed the tune a few times as a member of Dave Matthews & Friends.

https://soundcloud.com/copperpot5/phish-dmb-the-maker-10-15-94

Fucking love that song, I only saw it once when Jerry played it at Hampton in '93.

Buffalo Budd

The Maker is a great song, I've had the pleasure of seeing Lanois perform it once.
Truly beautiful.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.