News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on November 28, 2013, 06:21:25 PM
Flew home from skiing with my bro at vail to see that centrum show. Easily my favorite show post '97.

Had just flown back from Australia. Book ended the year with Island Tour, then Albany>Worcester. Tripping balls driving home after the third night, I destroyed one of my parent's cars (ask me about the story some day, my 16 year old sister was driving as I had no license having been living abroad, so I paid her to drive me and a buddy down to the shows).
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

GBL

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 28, 2013, 07:51:27 PM
Flew home from skiing with my bro at vail to see that centrum show. Easily my favorite show post '97.

Had just flown back from Australia. Book ended the year with Island Tour, then Albany>Worcester. Tripping balls driving home after the third night, I destroyed one of my parent's cars (ask me about the story some day, my 16 year old sister was driving as I had no license having been living abroad, so I paid her to drive me and a buddy down to the shows).

Your stories take too long
If this is love, I'm never going home..

sunrisevt

16 years ago... I got shamefully drunk at thanksgiving. Puked all night. Next day my gf (now ex-wife) met me at my folks' and we drove to Worcester--11/28-29/97 were my first  :phish: shows since Sugarbush 1994. Worcester Jim, first set YEM... life sure is interesting.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Superfreakie

Quote from: GBL on November 28, 2013, 08:06:29 PM

I blame the acid.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Marmar

Quote from: Superfreakie on November 28, 2013, 08:33:48 PM
Quote from: GBL on November 28, 2013, 08:06:29 PM

I blame the acid.

Did someone say Acid?
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

VDB

QuoteSaturday, 12/05/2009
John Paul Jones Arena, Charlottesville, VA

Set 1: AC/DC Bag > Chalk Dust Torture, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Ya Mar[1], Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley, The Old Home Place > Cavern > Funky Bitch, David Bowie, The Wedge, Bold As Love

Set 2: Tweezer -> Light > Piper -> Free, Sweet Virginia, Harry Hood > Suzy Greenberg > Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope[1]

Encore: Loving Cup > Tweezer Reprise

[1] Alternate lyrics referencing a naked stage crasher.

My first Fall Terr show in 10 years. The snow that weekend was a nice touch. Highlights included Sally, the bouncy techno-funk in Light, Sweet Virginia (obvs) and Run Like a Naked Guy.
Is this still Wombat?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: V00D00BR3W on December 05, 2013, 09:14:46 AM

Set 1: AC/DC Bag > Chalk Dust Torture, Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan, Divided Sky, Ya Mar[1], Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley, The Old Home Place > Cavern > Funky Bitch, David Bowie, The Wedge, Bold As Love

Set 2: Tweezer -> Light > Piper -> Free, Sweet Virginia, Harry Hood > Suzy Greenberg > Golgi Apparatus, Run Like an Antelope[1]

My first Fall Terr show in 10 years. The snow that weekend was a nice touch. Highlights included Sally, the bouncy techno-funk in Light, Sweet Virginia (obvs) and Run Like a Naked Guy.

Had such a blast with the VA Paug crew for this show raging at McGrupps pad pre and post show. ! I'll probably never listen to this show again, but I had a great time.

I also remember forgetting my ticket on the way to the show....
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 05, 2013, 09:20:30 AM

Had such a blast with the VA Paug crew for this show raging at McGrupps pad pre and post show. ! I'll probably never listen to this show again, but I had a great time.

Fun time.

Making us turn around to get your ticket was gold!

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 05, 2013, 09:34:59 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 05, 2013, 09:20:30 AM

Fun time.

Making us turn around to get your ticket was gold!

haha

love fall 09. I remember we started driving right after 12/4 MSG show and stopped at a rest area somewhere in MD and woke up to like 2 inches of snow on the ground.  :-o
made it slowly to Cville and raged this show proper for the closer!  :beerbang: had a lotta fun pretty much this whole tour

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

barnesy305

emay

mattstick

12/5/97 and 12/5/99 both great memories for me...

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie