News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Link Tuesday, 02/18/1997
Bataclan, Paris, France

Set 1: Beauty of My Dreams > Cavern > Punch You In the Eye > Runaway Jim > NICU > Stash, Waste, Walfredo, Character Zero > Slave to the Traffic Light

Set 2: Peaches en Regalia > Also Sprach Zarathustra > My Soul > Maze, Wolfman's Brother > Reba[1], Train Song, Harry Hood > Frankenstein

Encore: Bold As Love

PIE-GUY

Let me just say this one time. I had tickets, a ride, and a free place to crash for this Roxy run and I did not go. I had only seen Phish twice at this point and didn't really think it was a big deal to miss a three night run in Atlanta. Big mistake!!

I also was in Texas and didn't do the run that included the Bomb Factory show. My other big regret.

That is all.

QuoteSaturday, 02/20/1993
Roxy Theatre, Atlanta, GA

Set 1: Golgi Apparatus, Foam, The Sloth, Possum > Weigh > All Things Reconsidered, Divided Sky, The Horse[1] > Silent in the Morning > Fluffhead, Cavern

Set 2: Wilson[2] > Reba > Tweezer -> Walk Away -> Tweezer > Glide > Mike's Song[3] -> My Mind's Got a Mind of its Own[4] -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen -> The Vibration of Life -> Kung -> I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove -> Have Mercy[4] -> Weekapaug Groove -> Rock and Roll All Nite Jam[5] -> Weekapaug Groove, Fast Enough for You > Big Ball Jam > Hold Your Head Up > Terrapin > Hold Your Head Up -> Harry Hood, Tweezer Reprise

Encore: Sleeping Monkey

[1] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[2] Simpsons signal.
[3] Minor lyric changes.
[4] Not played in its entirety.
[5] Chorus sung by Jay von Lehe.

Teases:
· Iron Man tease in Wilson
· Theme from Woody Woodpecker tease in Reba
· Low Rider and Straight Out the Sewer jams in Tweezer
· Tweezer tease in Glide
· Tweezer, Wilson, Reba, The Lizards, and Stash teases in Mike's Song
· Entrance of the Gladiators and NO2 teases in I Am Hydrogen
· Hold Your Head Up tease in Terrapin

Notes: The Horse featured Trey on acoustic guitar. This long version of Wilson included a Simpsons signal and, towards the end, a freakish jam that included an Iron Man tease from Mike. Reba included a tease of the theme from Woody Woodpecker. Tweezer had a Low Rider jam and Straight Out the Sewer quotes from Trey. Glide subsequently included Tweezer teases. Mike's Song featured minor lyric changes, three different Tweezer teases, two different Wilson teases, and other teases of Reba, Lizards, and Stash. During Hydrogen before the Vibration of Life, Mike teased Entrance of the Gladiators. After Kung, Mike quoted NO2. The Rock and Roll All Nite jam was for fan Jay von Lehe, dressed as Kiss' Gene Simmons, who the band brought on stage to sing the song's chorus. Terrapin featured band intros and lots of chatter from Fish, prompting a hurry-up HYHU tease from Page. Fish also performed a lengthy vacuum solo during this tune. The HYHU outro segued into Hood as Fish and Trey switched places. Neither Have Mercy (first since Halloween, 1986, or 670 shows) nor MMGAMOIO were played in their entirety. Walk Away was played for the first time since November 2, 1991 (159 shows). This show was released as part of the Phish At The Roxy box set.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

justjezmund

yeah we all make mistakes, but now we just call them daves.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

birdman

Paug FTMFW!

mbw

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Yep, I Dave'd Burgettstown '03   :shakehead:
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

barnesy305

I Dave'd Hampton 97. And Va beach 98.

antelope19

emay

susep

I dave'd both the Went and the Lemonwheel.  Missing the Went was easy, I went to Austria.  Missing the 'wheel was inexcusable.   :samurai: 

mbw

Quote from: susep on February 20, 2014, 04:16:51 PM
I dave'd both the Went and the Lemonwheel.  Missing the Went was easy, I went to Austria.  Missing the 'wheel was inexcusable.   :samurai:

Dave'd the shit outta the Went too.  All my friends who I did Clifford Ball with went, I decided to stay home, who knows why.

I shall now refer to it as The Great Dave.

justjezmund

i think the biggest dave of all is when I went to coventry.

Quote from: Augustus on September 29, 2013, 09:26:46 AM
It's like BJ Galore over here!

Quote from: rowjimmy on May 13, 2013, 09:36:00 AM
I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

pcr3

Quote from: susep on February 20, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

I missed both as well, due to lack of funds. I will say that I KoP'd those shows.  :evil:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

antelope19

Quote from: justjezmund on February 20, 2014, 05:21:34 PM
i think the biggest dave of all is when I went to coventry.

We had a blast at Coventry!