News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

I hosted a party at my parents house (even though I'd moved out a couple years before), brought the computer upstairs and connected it to the big stereo.

Being able to see wasn't as important as hearing the music, but I sort of remember seeing the band on my 4x3 monitor.

I seem to recall a pizza delivery guy coming in and staying for A Day In The Life.

pcr3

20 years ago,  :syf: at the Boston Garden. Game-changing life experience, to put it mildly.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on October 01, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
20 years ago,  :syf: at the Boston Garden. Game-changing life experience, to put it mildly.

Yeah, that is a pretty sweet show, would have been stoked for that setlist.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

Patriot Center. My first show.

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1501

Phish
Saturday, 10/08/1994
Patriot Center, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Soundcheck: It's Ice, Mound, Funky Bitch
Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Horn > Sparkle > Down with Disease, Guyute, Fee > It's Ice, Lawn Boy > Run Like an Antelope
Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sample in a Jar, Rift > Mike's Song -> Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fluffhead > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg
Encore: Foreplay/Long Time, Rocky Top

jam>

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

Great first show! I saw 10/07 and 10/09 but skipped this one and always loved the setlist. I don't think I've ever actually listened to it. It's high time I give it a spin.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 08, 2014, 11:46:09 AM

http://rowjimmy.net/?p=1501

Phish
Saturday, 10/08/1994
Patriot Center, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Soundcheck: It's Ice, Mound, Funky Bitch
Set 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Horn > Sparkle > Down with Disease, Guyute, Fee > It's Ice, Lawn Boy > Run Like an Antelope
Set 2: Also Sprach Zarathustra > Sample in a Jar, Rift > Mike's Song -> Simple -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove, Fluffhead > Purple Rain > Hold Your Head Up, Harry Hood, Suzy Greenberg
Encore: Foreplay/Long Time, Rocky Top

Great first.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

20 years ago today I was at a family wedding on the Jersey shore, but this story is somewhat relevant to the thread if you follow along...

The only way my broke college ass could get down to NJ from Boston was to put together a series of hitched rides.  The first one was from Boston to Lehigh, then I had a ride from Lehigh to Philly, then I had a ride from Philly to my folks' place in south Jersey.  This all needed to happen on Friday 10/7 in order for me to go to my cousin's wedding early on 10/8 and not miss any classes.

So, my ride from Boston to Lehigh was from friends who were driving down for the tour opener.  As we got close to the school, we started joking about how soon after parking I'd be offered LSD.  It was funny because once we parked, I was basically going to book it from the car and the parking lot to a friend of a friend's dorm room in order to get on the next leg of my journey.  The window to be offered LSD was going to be about a minute or two before I was totally away from that scene.  I jokingly said 10 seconds, and everyone else made their guess.  So, we park, I open the door, and before I even set foot on the ground, I am offered hits.  A lot of laughs from my friends ensued.  I think it was 3 for $5 or 4 for $10.  I said fuck it, I'll buy some acid to have around when I want to trip.  Transaction done, I'm off on the next leg of the trip.

I finally get to my folks' place around midnight and it's just me, my brother, and his buddy.  We start drinking, I tell them the story, they laugh, after another beer or two, my brother basically says "we're taking the LSD right now".  OK.  So, we drop around 2am or so, knowing that my sister is coming to pick us up and drive us down the shore at 6:30 am.  The story ends with me and my brother tripping balls at the wedding, first time ever doing that around my parents.  My mom to this day is amazed that we held it together as well as we did that day.  Anyhow, that is the closest I got to a show on fall  :phish: tour that year.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

emay

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
great story

Superfreakie

Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

anthrax

fall 95 freaking rocks.  it's one thing to rip the roof off a sold out arena, but 19 years ago phish consistently blew up half full arenas in college towns all across the country...on weeknights. 

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Superfreakie

15 years ago at the Knick the YEM blew my socks off. Probably the best rendition from that fall.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

pcr3

Quote from: Superfreakie on October 10, 2014, 05:47:23 PM
15 years ago at the Knick the YEM blew my socks off. Probably the best rendition from that fall.

I totally agree, though I have not listened to enough of that fall tour to speak knowledgably about it.

I have been meaning to relisten to this and post in jedi's fall 99 thread, but I only made it theough the first set before being distracted. Anyhow, listening back, I'm still amazed at that first set. It was ballsy to basically play all new stuff prior to the epic Stash. Thinking back, I remember being totally engaged by the new (to me) songs, which was like seeing a new band for the first time. It was exciting. I also fucking love the Roggae/Vultures combo, which we would see again the following summer in Hartford.

I'll spare you guys my story from the Knick that night.