News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2014, 04:52:29 PM
Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2014, 04:38:54 PM
saw a little band from vermont at a little venue called the nutter something or other on this date.

jaw dropping.

sober as a mule, and i still have extremely vivid memories of the night.

I want deetz.

Where were you sitting for the show? How did you like the show at the time? Were you at the previous night? How did it compare at the time?

i was in the first few rows of section 204.  phish side, close to the stage, off the floor.  a favorite spot of mine.  the show was sold out at like 11,000 people.  it was a small arena.  no behind the stage.  no 300 level.  it was way more intimate than the palace the night before.  i was blown away by the palace show.  but this show kicked its ass.  i loved this show!  from the opening note of the first set, band and crowd were one.  there was a ton of energy in the room and they brought the heat.  so tight.  so special. 

i sold an extra ticket outside the venue on the way in for $20.  if you could attend this show scotty, would you pay $20?  :-D

Superfreakie

Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2014, 08:11:02 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 07, 2014, 04:52:29 PM
Quote from: anthrax on December 07, 2014, 04:38:54 PM
saw a little band from vermont at a little venue called the nutter something or other on this date.

jaw dropping.

sober as a mule, and i still have extremely vivid memories of the night.

I want deetz.

Where were you sitting for the show? How did you like the show at the time? Were you at the previous night? How did it compare at the time?

i was in the first few rows of section 204.  phish side, close to the stage, off the floor.  a favorite spot of mine.  the show was sold out at like 11,000 people.  it was a small arena.  no behind the stage.  no 300 level.  it was way more intimate than the palace the night before.  i was blown away by the palace show.  but this show kicked its ass.  i loved this show!  from the opening note of the first set, band and crowd were one.  there was a ton of energy in the room and they brought the heat.  so tight.  so special. 

i sold an extra ticket outside the venue on the way in for $20.  if you could attend this show scotty, would you pay $20?  :-D

Funny thing is, even though I was in attendance for this show, I don't really remember it, with my only memories coming from having listened to the tapes many times. I think it has to do with being sandwiched by so many other WHOA! shows. Or I'm simply getting older.  :frustrated:
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Gundo

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 07, 2014, 10:44:39 PM
I think it has to do with being sandwiched by so many other WHOA! shows.
Those pesky WHOA! shows

WhatstheUse?

Those are the deetz I was looking for, thanks for sharing!
Bring in the dude!

emay

blatboom

thanks for the reminder phish.net. 15 year anny of my first show, 12/17/99. much better than it gets credit for imo

antelope19

Quote from: blatboom on December 17, 2014, 03:16:58 PM
thanks for the reminder phish.net. 15 year anny of my first show, 12/17/99. much better than it gets credit for imo

QFT
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Superfreakie

On this night in 1995, I concluded a 17 show run at Lake Acid. Unquestionably, the  2+ weeks were one of the highest points in my life. And on this particular night, everything in my universe was absolutely perfect. Could not have asked for anything more. Perfection. Sadly, with every passing year, I remember a little less from this run. As such, it is a bitter sweet anniversary.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 17, 2014, 04:07:41 PM
On this night in 1995, I concluded a 17 show run at Lake Acid. Unquestionably, the  2+ weeks were one of the highest points in my life. And on this particular night, everything in my universe was absolutely perfect. Could not have asked for anything more. Perfection. Sadly, with every passing year, I remember a little less from this run. As such, it is a bitter sweet anniversary.

Just lay off the droogz man.  :wink:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

jam>

Quote from: blatboom on December 17, 2014, 03:16:58 PM

My first Jennifer Dances!

anthrax

seen phish the last 4 times they've played 12/28.  screw inverted new years runs.  12/28 is a phish holiday in my book.  they should be playing tonight.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on December 28, 2014, 09:26:36 PM
seen phish the last 4 times they've played 12/28.  screw inverted new years runs.  12/28 is a phish holiday in my book.  they should be playing tonight.

Sounds like someone won't be in Miami  :wink:

You'll be missed buddy!
Bring in the dude!

anthrax

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 28, 2014, 10:11:35 PM

You'll be missed buddy!

tis true.  i'll be watching closely.  if they were doing the 28-31 i might be there.  either way, gorge 2015!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on December 28, 2014, 10:40:11 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 28, 2014, 10:11:35 PM

You'll be missed buddy!

tis true.  i'll be watching closely.  if they were doing the 28-31 i might be there.  either way, gorge 2015!
:beers:
Bring in the dude!