News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

What’s your favorite Christmas movie?

Started by WhatstheUse?, December 25, 2017, 06:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: antelope19 on December 26, 2017, 12:07:33 AM
Christmas Vacation. Aunt Edna Clark, FTW!

The Mall scene with Clark is lol especially after a few bowls:)

Also Die Hard, Elf, Love Actually:P

mbw

if your answer is not A Christmas Story you are a dirty communist and should go back to Russia.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on December 26, 2017, 09:56:41 AM
if your answer is not A Christmas Story you are a dirty communist and should go back to Russia.

Pretty much.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

not a full length movie, but the original, animated Grinch with Boris Karloff
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: slslbs on December 26, 2017, 10:39:14 AM

Yesterday I watched this OG Grinch > Frosty the Snowaman > Rudolph

I wouldn't count hen as movies, but they were all pretty integral in my childhood Xmas experience.
Bring in the dude!

JPhishman

Elf is always the first one we watch weeks before xmas. I hadn't watched Home Alone in years and laughed my ass off so it gets a place in my top 3 along with the super classic Christmas Story.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

cactusfan

Christmas Evil is an overlooked work of twisted genius. Watched it again last night. So good.

Bad Santa, Elf, Gremlins, and Die Hard are the other regulars around my house. Well, and for my wife, Emmet Otter is a must watch.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 26, 2017, 10:56:12 AM
Quote from: slslbs on December 26, 2017, 10:39:14 AM

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on December 26, 2017, 10:32:16 AM
Quote from: mbw on December 26, 2017, 09:56:41 AM

Pretty much.

Believe it or not, I never saw the whole thing.
Donald and I will be heading back to Mother Russia this week

Yesterday I watched this OG Grinch > Frosty the Snowaman > Rudolph

I wouldn't count hen as movies, but they were all pretty integral in my childhood Xmas experience.
clearly the top TV specials along with the original Charlie Brown's Christmas

For full length movies, I vote for Home Alone, Bad Santa, and Elf
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

Home Alone is about a spoiled brat, the kind that comes from a family that can go to Paris for Christmas, who sadistically tortures a couple guys who are just trying to do their jobs. 

My little brother and sister watched this dozens of times when I was a teenager and every time I would root for the wet bandits to kick that kid's ass. I mean the running around screaming schtick is just really annoying. 

Also, how did Joe Pesci end up in these crappy movies?

Catherine O'Hara and John Candy are both good, but they aren't on screen nearly long enough to redeem it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

What's a Jewish kid know about Christmas movies?
:-P

mistercharlie

Quote from: slslbs on December 26, 2017, 03:12:22 PM
What's a Jewish kid know about Christmas movies?
:-P

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

khalpin

Tough call between Christmas Vacation and A Christmas Story, but I just can't go without seeing A Christmas Story on Xmas Eve while wrapping presents at one in the morning.

sls.stormyrider

mattstick

rowjimmy

Quote from: birdman on December 25, 2017, 09:04:32 PM
Emmet otters jug band Christmas

I voted for Die Hard but it's really this.

I named my son Emmet.