News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-7-21 MSG, New York, NY

Started by anthrax, July 21, 2017, 11:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

7/21/17
MSG
NY, NY

I:  Shake Your Coconuts, Martian Monster, Timber (Jerry), 555, Pigtail, Halfway to the Moon, Reba, Moonage Daydream, Walls of the Cave

II:  Tweezer, Seven Below, Billy Breathes, Sparkle, Everything's Right, Slave to the Traffic Light, Suzy Greenberg, Coconut

E:  The Mango Song, Good Times Bad Times

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

anthrax

i like phish, cover songs, uniqueness, nerding out to stats, donuts, and inside jokes.  i'm going to like this run.

Marmar

Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

WhatstheUse?

That was fun! Like... a bunch of it.  That's the first Bowie tune to be brought back into rotation, right?

Love the coconut stuff. Had no clue what they opened with...

Sevon below was the highlight for me.

After that setlist, I'm pretty much all on board with the no repeatsx13 - they are defiantly stretching the song lists. They did play slave and that New song so they've repeated this tour.

Fucking love this band !

Bring in the dude!

emay

Reba moonagw daydream looks sick.
Tuned into the second set. Good stuff again. Themed nights?!

emay

WhatstheUse?

Yes... and yes...

Are we really about to get hints in the form of donut flavors each day?

Speaking of.... I saw no donuts...
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

When's the last time Trey has peaked a 'minor' key jam?

I love the bliss jams as much as the rest but I just realized this...

When's the last dark, raging Tweezer, Carini, Ghost? Trey always goes major now. Not a complaint, just a re-realization.
Bring in the dude!

Marmar

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 22, 2017, 01:59:14 AM

When's the last dark, raging Tweezer, Carini, Ghost? Trey always goes major now. Not a complaint, just a re-realization.

To quote Phish "we want you to be happy"

Me: Fuck that! Gimme some dark and brooding minor key and angular/disjointed, serial killer coming to get you type shit please.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

JPhishman

I wandered around an absolutely raging plaza in Barcelona last night at roughly 3am unable to find anyone who had even heard of Phish but made no less than 3 groups of people check the Reba jam with me.

Fun stuff.
"Be sure your expectations are reasonable." - fortune cookie

gah

Quote from: Marmar on July 22, 2017, 07:16:11 AM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 22, 2017, 01:59:14 AM

To quote Phish "we want you to be happy"

Me: Fuck that! Gimme some dark and brooding minor key and angular/disjointed, serial killer coming to get you type shit please.

Seriously, that's one of the things I love about the Phish too. The ability to create those blissful moments, but also capture the darkness, and get your head all twisted into knots kind of shit. Need more of that.

Quote from: JPhishman on July 22, 2017, 07:56:34 AM
I wandered around an absolutely raging plaza in Barcelona last night at roughly 3am unable to find anyone who had even heard of Phish but made no less than 3 groups of people check the Reba jam with me.

Fun stuff.

hilarious!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

anthrax

seven below was fantastic!
going to revisit tweezer soon as it didn't knock me over at the time.
given the way they are playing and the individual themes each night, i can finally buy into the no repeats thing.  however, i have a hard time believing i'll see 10 phish shows this summer without seeing a tweezer.

scott, did you notice anything different inside the garden?  were any sections not open or closed off?  were there a lot of extra tickets outside before the show?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: anthrax on July 22, 2017, 11:29:30 AM
given the way they are playing and the individual themes each night, i can finally buy into the no repeats thing.  however, i have a hard time believing i'll see 10 phish shows this summer without seeing a tweezer.

scott, did you notice anything different inside the garden?  were any sections not open or closed off?  were there a lot of extra tickets outside before the show?

I could see on the stream that the two sections above the traditional paug section were completely empty. So much so that they must not have allowed patrons to post up there. Otherwise phish heads would have been there. That includes the infamous "blue" seats.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

anthrax

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 22, 2017, 11:43:37 AM
Quote from: anthrax on July 22, 2017, 11:29:30 AM

I could see on the stream that the two sections above the traditional paug section were completely empty. So much so that they must not have allowed patrons to post up there. Otherwise phish heads would have been there. That includes the infamous "blue" seats.

i was wondering if those sections were empty because they were blocked off or because there was no need to sit up there.  like there were other closer/better empty sections that the heads chose to invade.