News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upgraded forums - please report anything weird!

Started by tet, March 20, 2006, 12:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Hey folks.  Just upgraded the forums software to a more secure version.  So far so good, except the missing banner up to...  anything else funky, please let us know!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

jedifunk

the banner doesnt display correctly... its set off the the right, not completely in its box.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on March 20, 2006, 12:39:55 PM
the banner doesnt display correctly... its set off the the right, not completely in its box.

that's just the new theme, i don't think it's supposed to be centered, but i'm looking into it.  thanks.
-Phish

jedifunk

if you can remove the text "week4paug.net" then i think the banner would fit.
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

jephrey

Actually, on mine it's ok...  but you're right Jedi, if you shrink the screen, it does come "out of it's box"

Jephrey
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

VA $l!m

wow, i forgot my password... last time i used it was... never.
good thing i only got one.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

VA $l!m

damn. time to shrink the avatar again! :evil:

BTW TET. i guess its normal, but my screen layout (?) different graphics keep being different everytime i browse
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

tet

Quote from: jephrey on March 20, 2006, 12:46:32 PM
Actually, on mine it's ok...  but you're right Jedi, if you shrink the screen, it does come "out of it's box"

Jephrey

ah, now i see what you're talking about.  it was in my box here (i like wide screens).  lemme see what can be done to remove the text...
-Phish

tet

Quote from: VA slim on March 20, 2006, 10:55:49 PM
damn. time to shrink the avatar again! :evil:

BTW TET. i guess its normal, but my screen layout (?) different graphics keep being different everytime i browse

there's a new theme now, it has changed the layout a bit.  i'm looking into other themes to install so you guys can have an option.  you can always change to the older theme, but the banner doesn't display there for some reason. 
-Phish

jedifunk

yeah, i've got 2 monitors, but one is only a 15" and the resolution is only 1024x768, so its smaller than most.
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

ok i lost the banner completely... sorry...  working on it...
-Phish

tet

-Phish

jedifunk

nope, now its trying to show up twice, like its repeating itself
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

tet

Quote from: jedifunk on March 20, 2006, 11:15:03 PM
nope, now its trying to show up twice, like its repeating itself
mine is not doing that.  on Firefox, it loads fine.  on Safari, it loads well, but there's a ? for a missing image to the right.  try hitting Reload, or emptying your browser cache...
-Phish

jephrey

I think that top box should scale the banner down as it closes in on it.  I actually liked the text on the left too.

Of course this is on my 23" with the resolution set to the max and I may have a different opinion at work tomorrow.  Really it's not a big issue either way.  I am so into how I can get to MY MESSAGES right from the page.

Jephrey

Oh, but it'd be cool if it wasn't called My Messages.  Makes it sound like the My Whatever folders in this bad operatiing system that I know about  :wink:  How about Private Messages?  Or just Messages?

Just giving you a hard time.
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.