News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/07 - SPAC - Saratoga Springs, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, July 07, 2012, 11:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2012-07-07 Saratoga Performing Arts Center - Saratoga Springs, NY

Soundcheck: The Old Home Place, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Skin It Back, Peaches en Regalia, Beauty of My Dreams, Torn and Frayed

Set 1: Grind, Possum, Golgi Apparatus, Moma Dance, Torn And Frayed, Rift, Cities > Maze, Lawn Boy, Peaches en Regalia > Bathtub Gin, Good Times Bad Times

Set 2: Down With Disease > Blister In The Sun*~ > Down With Disease > Boogie On Reggae Woman, Golden Age > Also Sprach Zarathustra > Backwards Down The Number Line^ > Prince Caspian > Scent Of A Mule > Blister In The Sun* > Scent Of A Mule, Mike's Song^ > Contact > Weekapaug Groove^

Encore: Sabotage#

* One verse only
~Last Time Played 1998-07-09 (390 shows)
^ Blister In The Sun teases
# Dedicated to MCA

mbw

rowjimmy

phil

Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

mbw

Quote from: phil on July 07, 2012, 11:52:18 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 07, 2012, 11:50:22 PM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on July 07, 2012, 11:45:34 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on July 07, 2012, 11:43:51 PM
Encore: Sabotage#

# Dedicated to MCA; sucked

fyp

Horrible, even.

I'm gonna go bust out Hampton Comes Alive to cleanse my ears of that

its not much better on that.  do yourself a favor and go straight to ill communication.

GBL

Gonna go put on a limb and say everyone in attendance had a blast!

I def would have
If this is love, I'm never going home..

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Augustus

It doesn't matter how well they play songs, it only matters that Phish play another song!!!
Churn 'em out, Boys!

Gumbo72203

I mean, I had fun and it was a great show.  A lot of the playing should hold up well as listening material on tape, especially Gin and the end of Caspian. 

The first set was perfect, perfect flow and song placement.  Each song did what it needed to do, and built the set up to a huge exclamation point. 

The energy during Maze was literally probably the highest since Fluffhead at Hampton.  I mean, it was absolutely wild. 

Second set was hindered from the outset by a lawn full of kydz Soc1@l H0uR, where at one point a long glow rope was made and people were freaking out over that.  I actually got pushed because I was dancing right next to it and this kid wanted to take video of it.  Second set sucked as an experience.  Musically it should be okay but my god, that was maybe the most awful time I've ever had at a Phish show.  Literally as far as I could see around me, barely anybody dancing.  It was all 16-20 year old guys trying to mack it with the girl-crowd.  Immensely sad and disappointing. 

Cool was that the band didn't stop playing during the 2nd set. 

Also:  Phish, flip flop your set-list game plan.  Play jams in the first set while the audience is listening and actually paying attention.  Play the songz during the 2nd set when the kids need to be entertained.  Nobody pays attention to your music after setbreak.
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Augustus

mattstick

McGrupp

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 08, 2012, 07:08:20 AM
Also:  Phish, flip flop your set-list game plan.  Play jams in the first set while the audience is listening and actually paying attention.  Play the songz during the 2nd set when the kids need to be entertained.  Nobody pays attention to your music after setbreak.

What the fuck are you smoking?
Just two whiskies, officer.

Quote from: kellerb on November 30, 2010, 10:40:51 PM
I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Augustus

Hicks

I hate Blister and the Sun and the Violent Femmes, will not download.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

whatapiper

Quote from: McGrupp on July 08, 2012, 08:59:54 AM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 08, 2012, 07:08:20 AM

What the fuck are you smoking?

If anything, I pay more attention for something special to happen in the second set...

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong