News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018 Summer Tour

Started by PIE-GUY, January 23, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Completely skipping this tour.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mehead on February 27, 2018, 09:24:26 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 27, 2018, 08:40:43 AM
It's showing sold out now.

Still a few platinum seats left for Friday. Grab 'em before they're gone!!

Ok, what am I missing here?

From Phish.com

AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
2200 Encore Parkway, Alpharetta, GA, USA
DETAILS SOLD OUT
AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
DETAILS SOLD OUT
AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
DETAILS SOLD OUT
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

The Platinum Seats are the ones marked up by Phish and include a donation to Waterwheel.

anthrax

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 27, 2018, 10:30:40 AM
Quote from: mehead on February 27, 2018, 09:24:26 AM
Quote from: Buffalo Buddlink=topic=22977.msg826090#msg826090 date=1519738843
It's showing sold out now.

Still a few platinum seats left for Friday. Grab 'em before they're gone!!

Ok, what am I missing here?

From Phish.com

AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
DETAILS SOLD OUT
AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
DETAILS SOLD OUT
AUG
Verizon Amphitheatre
DETAILS SOLD OUT

They changed it.  It was up there for several days.  To me, that says they want to separate themselves from these platinim seats because of the opinions of some of their fanbase.  I would prefer it if they said no to offering platinum seats at all because of the opinions of their fanbase and long time members of their management.

PIE-GUY

I'm quite certain the pressure to offer some platinum seats came from management with Phish's response being "only if we can siphon a chunk of it off to our charity arm." It's not that different from the CID packages they've been offering for years.

The biggest thing Phish does to limit the extraordinary scalping profits is keep just about every show from having a "front row" by using "pits" when possible.

Also, as much press as the exorbitant prices FTW tickets were fetching, it should be noted that there were very few tickets available on the secondary market for those shows. Shapiro actually did a good job of getting the tickets into the hands of fans. At no point did I see stubhub inventories for any Soldier Field show that were above 1000 tickets. That's 1-2% of the tickets sold. Compare that to the 6000+ tickets on stubhub for the Hampton 2009 shows - it's likely close to half of all the tickets for those show were in the hands of scalpers.

The addition of platinum tickets for Phish shows is mildly unsavory to me. Honestly, it's less unsavory than taking away the downloads and replacing them with "streaming rights" for shows.

It's not the huge scandal some phish heads have made it seem. Phish plays livenation venues and still has enough sway to run their own mailorder for tickets - they likely see the platinum thing as "throwing a bone" to livenation.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Hicks

Disagree, while I doubt I would ever buy a CID package it's a pretty different product since it offers the value of not having to book a hotel as well as other little perks like swag.

Platinum seats is just straight up band endorsed scalping and goes against everything Phish has stood for over their 35 year history. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Anyone get emails for PTBM shipping out?

mehead

Quote from: emay on June 15, 2018, 11:03:02 AM

negative ghost rider

you?
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

emay

Quote from: mehead on June 15, 2018, 11:12:53 AM

negative ghost rider

you?

I didnt win any through the lotto but bought a PTBM 3 day pass from a friend of a friend and thought they would have it by now since its like 4 weeks before but they said they havent received them yet. Just wanted to check up to verify.

Hicks

Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mehead

Quote from: emay on June 15, 2018, 11:19:07 AM
Quote from: mehead on June 15, 2018, 11:12:53 AM

negative ghost rider

you?

I didnt win any through the lotto but bought a PTBM 3 day pass from a friend of a friend and thought they would have it by now since its like 4 weeks before but they said they havent received them yet. Just wanted to check up to verify.

It's gotta be soon since Curveball wristbands and car passes are being sent out late June / early July. It's a different company but still.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Caravan2001

I got all the Gorge tix a few weeks ago but they were not PTBM.

ph92

Haven't gotten any PTBM. Gotten all my TM tickets though.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Caravan2001

Quote from: ph92 on June 15, 2018, 11:29:45 PM
Haven't gotten any PTBM. Gotten all my TM tickets though.

Same here.

emay

Looks like rehearsals have begun