News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2017-07-15 Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago IL

Started by Gundo, July 15, 2017, 11:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gundo

:phish:

7-15-2017 Huntington Bank Pavilion at Northerly Island, Chicago IL

Set 1: Stealing Time From The Faulty Plan, The Moma Dance, The Wedge, Halfway to the Moon, Ya Mar, Martian Monster, Party Time, Wingsuit, Bouncing 'Round that Room, More

Set 2: Corona, Simple, Winterqueen, Light > Scents and Subtle Sounds> Cities, Slave to the Traffic Light

E: Loving Cup

Gundo

Really great second set IMO. Simple was great and featured a heavy Timber tease. Scents went deep and had a good segue into Cities. Cites might be my favorite cover to hear right now. I'm glad they're playing it more often

emay

PIE-GUY

That second set was better than it needed to be for a Saturday night party crowd. I was very happy with it.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

emay

wow it feels amazing to listen to the band do a full tease on timber in simple and Trey not ripchord it to transition. Just sits back and lets the theme cruise on by....we are in for a good summer fellas.  :clap:

emay

emay

man this scents is beautiful as well. Def one of the best scents.

mistercharlie

Gave Simple a listen first. Blown away is all I can say. Wow.  :music: :smoke: :banana:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

mbw

ph92

That simple was so hot. Loved the full on timber tease. The scents was killer too very melodic and building right up to that dark peak-y goodness. As a side note my mom said she really dug the scents, her highlight it sounds like
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Man, that Scents was ripcorded haaaard for Cities.  That jam was fucking great and nowhere near done.  Booo!  The segue into Cities was pretty clever but that Scents had a LOT of material left on the table, especially considering they didn't even jam Cities!  I guess they'd given enough to the Saturday night party-bro's haha. 

Also, it sounds like Page has a new synth maybe too?  I heard sounds in that that I heard in NMINML too that sounded different. 

Simple was fucking great though.  Awesome stuff.  Hell, even Winterqueen was good.  End of this Slave is pretty freaking great too!  I love how Trey goes back to playing lead after the Jerry fanning.  Corona isn't the worst song either.  Very predictable 3.0 Trey, but enjoyable.  I like the lead melody.  I thought I heard a tease in there too...  4:02-4:05, the end of his phrase there is the vocal melody from another Phish song....  something like "The fool is on the hill..."  I'm too tired to pinpoint it right now. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gundo

I heard some new strange noises from Page during the no man's too. Must be the new gear

mbw