News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Saddam to Hang for crimes against humanity

Started by ucusty, November 05, 2006, 09:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gimmetela

okay.  one down...but wasn't there some guy that planned a major attack on the US, and actually succeeded in Sept. 2001?

sls.stormyrider

but the President said that Saddam was intimately involved :-o :wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

gimmetela

Quote from: slslbs on November 05, 2006, 11:24:26 AM
but the President said that Saddam was intimately involved :-o :wink:

have you ever played that game where you say "in bed" after you read your fortune cookie outloud?  let's try your statement again, slslbs, and add "in bed" at the end.  that's more like it.

sls.stormyrider

"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Guyute

No sympathy for a man that used nerve gas on over 10000 people and had rape rooms for he and his sons.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

susep

Quote from: gimmetela on November 05, 2006, 10:40:45 AM
okay.  one down...but wasn't there some guy that planned a major attack on the US, and actually succeeded in Sept. 2001?

Was it Dick Cheney?

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Guyute on November 05, 2006, 03:25:44 PM
No sympathy for a man that used nerve gas on over 10000 people and had rape rooms for he and his sons.
agreed. Saddam is among the most evil men who walked the earth in our lifetime. I won't shed a tear for him. I was only poking fun at Bush/Cheny for trying to convince us he was involved in 9/11

susep

Quote from: susep73 on November 05, 2006, 03:43:01 PM

Was it Dick Cheney?

Quote from: slslbs on November 05, 2006, 04:05:28 PM
agreed. Saddam is among the most evil men who walked the earth in our lifetime. I won't shed a tear for him. I was only poking fun at Bush/Cheny for trying to convince us he was involved in 9/11

The book called Crossing The Rubicon by Michael Ruppert pinpoints Cheney as the conductor of 9/11.

sophist

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Ruppert
Columnist Norman Solomon has argued that Ruppert has a flawed analytical model. "Some of the problem is in how he characterizes news reports. These citations can be narrowly factual yet presented in a misleading way. Yes, such--and--such newspaper reported that thus-and-so claim was made by so-and-so. The paper reported on the claim, but that doesn't mean the claim is true."[2]

Blogger Bill Herbert has written a detailed response to Ruppert's "9/11 Oh Lucy! - You Gotta Lotta 'Splainin' To Do" [3]

Columnist David Corn has also criticized the methodology of Ruppert, and dismissed the idea that conspiracy theorizing is useful: "In fact, out-there conspiracy theorizing serves the interests of the powers-that-be by making their real transgressions seem tame in comparison."[4]

Ruppert's site has also been criticized for using news articles from other sources verbatim, citing "fair use", while at the same time putting the majority of his own material behind a subscription wall.
again i ask the question, why was the only inside job in AMERICA?  Where are the theorists in London? Kuta?  Bali?  Istanbul? Madrid?

anyway, back on topic:
http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L05213396.htm

Quote"The EU opposes capital punishment in all cases and under all circumstances, and it should not be carried out in this case either," Finland, current holder of the rotating EU presidency, said in a statement.
:roll:
i hope his head pops off  :evil:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Guyute

Quote from: susep73 on November 05, 2006, 08:10:02 PM

Quote from: susep73 on November 05, 2006, 03:43:01 PM

Was it Dick Cheney?

Quote from: slslbs on November 05, 2006, 04:05:28 PM

The book called Crossing The Rubicon by Michael Ruppert pinpoints Cheney as the conductor of 9/11.

Michael Ruppert's theory has more holes than swiss cheese from what I have read.  It was an attempt to blame on Cheney, but in  reality a desperate way to make money off of a tragedy and nothing more.
Good decisions come from experience;
Experience comes from bad decisions.

About to open a bottle of Macallan.  There's my foreign policy; I support Scotland.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

kellerb

Didn't I see this on South Park a couple weeks ago?  the Gov't wants us to Think they were behind 9/11 because then it seems like they are powerful and in control.  So they let these conspiracy theorys spread.  In reality, 9/11 was caused by some middle-class, college-educated morons who thought that violent ravings in an old-ass book trumped the more-popular belief that Killing People Is Wrong.

k_b

susep

Quote from: Guyute on November 07, 2006, 02:02:12 PM

Michael Ruppert's theory has more holes than swiss cheese from what I have read.  It was an attempt to blame on Cheney, but in  reality a desperate way to make money off of a tragedy and nothing more.

the same could be said about Cheney et al.  Inside trading?  Gargantuan govt./war contracts.  Gee I wonder who has shares?

sophist

Quote from: kellerb on November 09, 2006, 09:43:32 PM
Didn't I see this on South Park a couple weeks ago?  the Gov't wants us to Think they were behind 9/11 because then it seems like they are powerful and in control.  So they let these conspiracy theorys spread.  In reality, 9/11 was caused by some middle-class, college-educated morons who thought that violent ravings in an old-ass book trumped the more-popular belief that Killing People Is Wrong.

k_b
that south park episode was mocking the theorists big time.