News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NEED WINDOWS HELP!!

Started by VA $l!m, November 28, 2013, 01:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kellerb

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 24, 2015, 02:37:38 PM
need help:

windows keeps asking me if i want to set firefox as my default browser every single time i log in.
i've responded to the prompt in every way possible and i also refreshed my fiorefox to make sure it wasnt the porblem.

any ideas on how i can get windows to stop giving me this prompt?

thanks.

Internet explorer might be stealing back the default.  Make sure the "check for default" options are disabled in internet explorer.  Maybe then it will leave firefox around?

VA $l!m

IDK... i realize now that windows has stopped associating  torrent files with my utorrent client as well.
i'm having to save and start them manually.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

kellerb

Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2015, 04:18:11 PM
IDK... i realize now that windows has stopped associating  torrent files with my utorrent client as well.

Sounds like some 3rd-party program is fucking with your business

PIE-GUY

I feel like if this guy's giving you tech advice, you should probably listen.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: kellerb on February 26, 2015, 08:01:21 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on February 26, 2015, 04:18:11 PM

Sounds like some 3rd-party program is fucking with your business

This is probably the case.

Re-installing torrent might fix that part for a minute but I'd suggest that you go into Add/Remove Programs. Sort the list by "Installed Date" and look at what was most recently installed.
Odds are it's not something you wanted.

VA $l!m

so yeah, this worked itself out eventually.

i wanted to post this somewhere, but i just ran this free trial of AVG's new PC tuneup and holy cow it rawks! really simple too.
ive been using AVG as my virus protection for awhile and just tried this new thing when i was updating.
totally showed me how to turn off background programs and stuff ive never been able to figure out and it sped my pc up a ton.  :rockout:

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/avg-pctuneup?icid=ws-nav-pch
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-