News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-12-31 - Madison Square Garden, New York, NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by GBL, January 01, 2019, 01:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Gag aside, this has got to be one of the best Mercury jams ever. Good stuff. :music:
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 08, 2019, 01:29:18 PM
Gag aside, this has got to be one of the best Mercury jams ever. Good stuff. :music:

It's easily the best Mercury since the last one. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Hicks on January 08, 2019, 01:50:40 PM

But Dude, Trey was viiiiibbiiinn' on those cirque du soleil peeps in the nets  :smoke: :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001

I really like the jam from Vegas, and this one is awesome too- just blasted it this morning.  So while I feel like the last two versions had *slightly* more focused jams than Chicago, and the Chicago jam is awesome, I still feel the tempo and verse parts of Chicago top the last two.  They were really in the pocket and swinging on that Chicago version.  MSG version is a bit faster and the opening sounds a little rushed to me.  But it did have actual nets so...and the jam is tits.

gainesvillegreen

Quote from: Caravan2001 on January 09, 2019, 02:50:45 PM

I really like the jam from Vegas, and this one is awesome too- just blasted it this morning.  So while I feel like the last two versions had *slightly* more focused jams than Chicago, and the Chicago jam is awesome, I still feel the tempo and verse parts of Chicago top the last two.  They were really in the pocket and swinging on that Chicago version.  MSG version is a bit faster and the opening sounds a little rushed to me.  But it did have actual nets so...and the jam is tits.

Mercury gets my vote for song of the tour.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

anthrax

Finally got around to watch the official 4k video of the nye gag and I was blown away at how much better it was than the couch tour.  Eli needs to get his act together in the live setting! I didn't realize they went back and made edits ...just thought it would be the same as what we saw on the stream. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: anthrax on January 20, 2019, 09:12:50 PM
Finally got around to watch the official 4k video of the nye gag and I was blown away at how much better it was than the couch tour.  Eli needs to get his act together in the live setting! I didn't realize they went back and made edits ...just thought it would be the same as what we saw on the stream.

Say whhhaaat? So the 'official vids' aren't always the same as the livecast? News to me...
Bring in the dude!