Author Topic: Summer Tour 2019  (Read 1237 times)

Offline pcr3

• Reading The Book...
Re: Summer Tour 2019
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
Go to put in for the Bangor shows and there is no option to select GA lawn? I have to select Best Available? Don't want pit. Don't want reserved seating. Dumb.

Agreed.
It's gonna be a shit show on the 25th.

Was the lawn bigger when they played the venue a few years ago?

It was just all lawn. No seats.

OK, that's what I thought, but I couldn't quite remember.  I may have left some brain cells out on the Jaunt Cruise...

I remember the closer you got to the stage, the more of a mudfest it was. It had been raining couple of days before and I don't think they had finished laying down new sod. The logistics of that place and how it is set-up is a dumpster fire. It was impossible to move during set break. Hot mess walking out of there too. A bunch of us walking out said that we hoped they would never come back to this venue again.

I remember hanging way back with  :sbw: and having no interest in getting close.  I guess that could apply to a lot of shows...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »
Go to put in for the Bangor shows and there is no option to select GA lawn? I have to select Best Available? Don't want pit. Don't want reserved seating. Dumb.

Agreed.

OK, that's what I thought, but I couldn't quite remember.  I may have left some brain cells out on the Jaunt Cruise...

I remember the closer you got to the stage, the more of a mudfest it was. It had been raining couple of days before and I don't think they had finished laying down new sod. The logistics of that place and how it is set-up is a dumpster fire. It was impossible to move during set break. Hot mess walking out of there too. A bunch of us walking out said that we hoped they would never come back to this venue again.

I remember hanging way back with  :sbw: and having no interest in getting close.  I guess that could apply to a lot of shows...

Yeah I remember the mudfest. Also that one gate in the back corner was pretty much the only entrance/exit and it took a while.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2019, 11:24:30 AM »
My wife went to Jack Johnson in the Summer of 2017 and had pavilion seating. She said there's a GA pit in front of stage and a few thousand seats between that and the lawn at the back.
I've seen those guys' faces enough times, I prefer to take in the light show and dance my ass off on the lawn. No roof over the pav either so if it rains, they're getting wet too.
Instead of having to plan and save for your next vacation, why not work on creating a life you don't feel the need to escape from...

I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline mehead

• In the Band
  • They attack!!!
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:07 AM »

Agreed.

Yeah I remember the mudfest. Also that one gate in the back corner was pretty much the only entrance/exit and it took a while.

Yup. That sucked ass.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Offline mehead

• In the Band
  • They attack!!!
« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »
My wife went to Jack Johnson in the Summer of 2017 and had pavilion seating. She said there's a GA pit in front of stage and a few thousand seats between that and the lawn at the back.
I've seen those guys' faces enough times, I prefer to take in the light show and dance my ass off on the lawn. No roof over the pav either so if it rains, they're getting wet too.

Exactly.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2019, 06:30:01 PM »
mud, slow entrances...  bunch of old cranky bastards if you ask me!!

(says the guy who will only go to shows with luxury boxes from now on)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline emay

• Gamehendge
  • The Walrus was Page
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2019, 06:47:21 PM »
mud, slow entrances...  bunch of old cranky bastards if you ask me!!

(says the guy who will only go to shows with luxury boxes from now on)

the lack of surf n turf during the show and setbreak was disappointing to say the least.