Register

Author Topic: today, i hate:  (Read 662977 times)

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Re: today, i hate:
« Reply #17730 on: July 01, 2019, 07:34:52 PM »
My car going out on my on my drive home today!
All of a sudden it started sputtering and the 'Check Engin Light' and the 'Reduced Engine Power' lights came on and it started shaking like a son-uva-bitch. The wife and I have an app on our phones so we know where each other are and I opened it to see that she was two blocks behind me on her way home from work too, so at least I had her right there to help me. We were 8 blocks from our mechanic so we decided to drive it, at the 20mph it would go, and have her follow me with our hazards on. When we got to the mechanic... They're closed for the week because of the 4th of july.  :frustrated:

I have no idea what's wrong with it and no idea how much it's going to cost to fix. Also, I dont have my car for about a week!  :cry:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline khalpin

• In the Band
« Reply #17731 on: July 01, 2019, 08:19:34 PM »
My car going out on my on my drive home today!
All of a sudden it started sputtering and the 'Check Engin Light' and the 'Reduced Engine Power' lights came on and it started shaking like a son-uva-bitch. The wife and I have an app on our phones so we know where each other are and I opened it to see that she was two blocks behind me on her way home from work too, so at least I had her right there to help me. We were 8 blocks from our mechanic so we decided to drive it, at the 20mph it would go, and have her follow me with our hazards on. When we got to the mechanic... They're closed for the week because of the 4th of july.  :frustrated:

I have no idea what's wrong with it and no idea how much it's going to cost to fix. Also, I dont have my car for about a week!  :cry:
That totally sucks.  I feel your pain.  At least you didn't get stranded on the side of the road.  Time to park yourself in the man cave and  :mrgreen: :music: for a while.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #17732 on: July 01, 2019, 08:53:41 PM »
Sounds like your alternator is shot.
Also, I don't know my head from my ass.

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
« Reply #17733 on: July 01, 2019, 09:10:11 PM »

Well shit always comes out of one..... and only sometimes out of the other.
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline EdBanky

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #17734 on: July 02, 2019, 01:02:35 AM »
I don't know your exact situation, but you might be able to save some money buying the part at AutoZone and looking up how to replace it using YouTube. I've saved hundreds of dollars doing that and by switching to Geico.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #17735 on: July 02, 2019, 05:45:52 AM »

People have said Alternator, Timing Belt, Fuel Injector, and Piston Coil so far...

We found a different mechanic that we're taking it to tonight after work to find out what is actually wrong with it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #17736 on: July 02, 2019, 06:53:06 AM »

People have said Alternator, Timing Belt, Fuel Injector, and Piston Coil so far...

We found a different mechanic that we're taking it to tonight after work to find out what is actually wrong with it.

I'd guess fuel injector and really hope it's not a piston coil.
My whole family drools.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #17737 on: September 14, 2019, 12:08:34 PM »
More car trouble...

A blown-out tire has led to a $600 repair of the control arm. And three hours of sitting around at the tire place.  :samurai:

And to close the loop on the last car problem... It was a bad Throttle Body. That was a $475 repair.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:10:18 PM by mistercharlie »

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #17738 on: September 16, 2019, 09:02:27 AM »
Well, my truck tried to strand us yesterday at the grocery store.
Probably the battery going to shit.

Got a jump and made it home and she started today but... I'm supposed to drive to Vida Blue on Wednesday and I do not have time to deal with it unless I take a day off.

Not psyched.

Offline Bobafett

• Wrote the Book
  • Needle with a prune.
« Reply #17739 on: September 16, 2019, 10:22:30 AM »
Sending out good car vibes all around.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.