News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Reposting a twitpic here?

Started by fauxpaxfauxreal, October 19, 2009, 04:42:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fauxpaxfauxreal

Can haz html knowledge regarding the subject plz?

VDB

If you still care to know...

Go to the Twitpic URL in question.
Right-click the image and hit "View Image" or whatever your browser's analogous option is. This should load the image by iteself in a browser window.
Copy the resulting URL from the address bar.
Paste here in between the [img] tags.

Is this still Wombat?

guyforget

actually, ive noticed that it seems like the url's for twitpics images change or something, because i have failed at hotlinking them several times.  theyll be there for a few loads and then they disappear.  the best thing to do is just post the link to the photo on twitpic. 
-AD_

guyforget

lets just test it, see if this stays linked all day. 

-AD_

VDB

Quote from: guyforget on November 29, 2009, 04:33:14 PM
actually, ive noticed that it seems like the url's for twitpics images change or something, because i have failed at hotlinking them several times.  theyll be there for a few loads and then they disappear.

You're right. Recent photos seems to be hosted on a Twitpic server and then are moved to a storage service run by Amazon.
Is this still Wombat?

guyforget

yeah, the photo that used to show up in my post is now gone.
-AD_

blatboom

best bet is to save it to an image hosting sight like photobucket, then link it from there.

GBL

Quote from: blatboom on November 29, 2009, 08:07:57 PM
best bet is to save it to an image hosting sight like photobucket, then link it from there.

knowledged'd
If this is love, I'm never going home..

fauxpaxfauxreal

Thanks for the explanation y'all.  I feel better knowing that my failure at this had more to do with an actual technical issue and not my own idiocy.

(for once).