Author Topic: GDead Thread  (Read 413227 times)

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Re: GDead Thread
« Reply #11415 on: March 09, 2018, 11:38:21 AM »

Life got a little busier than expected, but MrCharlie - you the real MVP.

It's been a pleasure to do this project. I started in on the 70's today at work. I've tried to leave notes where they were needed.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
  • Some Rise Some Fall Some Climb
« Reply #11416 on: March 11, 2018, 09:45:30 AM »

I added the files to iTunes just now and will tag them in there, once it's done I'll re-upload everything and you (and others) can grab it...

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11417 on: March 11, 2018, 10:25:47 AM »
I see somebody else is playing today. It's cool to be updating the spreadsheet and watching the setlist for the next show being posted at the same time.  :smoke:  :music: :syf:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #11418 on: March 11, 2018, 10:28:14 AM »

haha, yeah that's me but I guess my wife is logged into the Google.  Baby nap time is almost done so I'm about to logoff.

I see now that a bunch of files have blank space at the end, that's pretty easy to correct in iTunes, let's maybe highlight those filenames - that'll be the last step after naming and tagging everything.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11419 on: March 11, 2018, 11:15:17 AM »

haha, yeah that's me but I guess my wife is logged into the Google.  Baby nap time is almost done so I'm about to logoff.

I see now that a bunch of files have blank space at the end, that's pretty easy to correct in iTunes, let's maybe highlight those filenames - that'll be the last step after naming and tagging everything.

Can Do. It'll be easy for me to go back and highlight those filenames.

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #11420 on: March 12, 2018, 04:50:46 PM »
Sorry guys, I had good intentions of helping out, but life.  +K to you both.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11421 on: March 19, 2018, 11:46:42 AM »
All right, I just finished filling out the spreadsheet. There were some definite highlights in there. Now I guess it's back to listening to the Dead for the fun of it. And while that's fun and all, I love having an objective when listening. I'm going to miss working on this.

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #11422 on: March 23, 2018, 06:55:59 PM »
Ktobin posting Hampton 87 vids. 1st East coast run post coma.
Check out Jerry and the crowd reaction 2nd night  Touch opener  8-)
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #11423 on: March 23, 2018, 09:04:41 PM »

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #11424 on: March 23, 2018, 09:23:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing slim  :beers:

I listened to this gem of a show on the way to the ski hill and home today.

1974/9/20 - Palais des Sports, Paris, FR
Set 1: Cumberland Blues, Jack Straw, It Must Have Been the Roses, Beat It On Down the Line, Scarlet Begonias, Black-Throated Wind, Friend of the Devil, El Paso, Weather Report Suite, Stella Blue, Around and Around 
Set 2: China Cat Sunflower, I Know You Rider, Big River, Greatest Story Ever Told, Brokedown Palace, Truckin', Eyes of the World, Not Fade Away, Going Down the Road Feelin' Bad, One More Saturday Night
Encore: U.S. Blues
I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #11425 on: March 24, 2018, 04:22:34 PM »

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11426 on: March 24, 2018, 06:20:12 PM »
Had a blast cleaning the house to this show with some Girl Scout Cookies today.  :mrgreen: The Jack Straw -> Franklin's to open is great!

Grateful Dead
Nassau Coliseum
1980-05-15

Set 1
Jack Straw-> Franklin's Tower, Cassidy, They Love Each Other, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Peggy-O, Far From Me, Feel Like A Stranger-> Deal

Set 2
Althea, Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Terrapin Station-> Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Drums-> Not Fade Away-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad> Good Lovin', E: Alabama Getaway
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 08:14:56 PM by mistercharlie »

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #11427 on: March 24, 2018, 07:43:36 PM »
Had a blast cleaning the house to this show with some Girl Scout Cookies today.  :mrgreen: The Jack Straw -> Frankin's to open is great!

Grateful Dead
Nassau Coliseum
1980-05-15

Set 1
Jack Straw-> Franklin's Tower, Cassidy, They Love Each Other, Lazy Lightning-> Supplication, Peggy-O, Far From Me, Feel Like A Stranger-> Deal

Set 2
Althea, Lost Sailor-> Saint Of Circumstance-> Terrapin Station-> Playin' In The Band-> Uncle John's Band-> Drums-> Not Fade Away-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad> Good Lovin', E: Alabama Getaway

I don't listen to much but pulled out Go To Nassau for the Al-Franken-thea (5/15&16/80). What a smoker! Great versions. Great sound.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #11428 on: March 25, 2018, 08:32:06 PM »

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #11429 on: April 02, 2018, 11:20:33 AM »
All right, I just finished filling out the spreadsheet. There were some definite highlights in there. Now I guess it's back to listening to the Dead for the fun of it. And while that's fun and all, I love having an objective when listening. I'm going to miss working on this.

Finally renamed and tagged all the files, going to remove the old share on my Amazon Cloud and reupload the proper version, will share the link back shortly.

Uploading now:
https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/yQMTYPIsPPOyxWcydDX50a7LuZNngQ7OHmqU1w1o4WM
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 11:29:58 AM by mattstick »