News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

06/15 - VWA at Encore Park - Alpharetta, GA - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by rowjimmy, June 15, 2011, 11:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

2011-06-15
Verizon Wireless Amphitheater @ Encore Park
Alpharetta, GA

Set I: Paul & Silas > Back On The Train, Foam, Water In The Sky, Runaway Jim, Army Of One, Roses Are Free > Timber (Jerry), Mound*

Set II: Mound**, Tweezer^ ~> Julius > Slave To The Traffic Light, David Bowie, Suzy Greenberg, Gotta Jibboo, Harry Hood, Character Zero, The Birdwatcher^^ > Kung^^

Encore: Funky Bitch, Tweezer Reprise

*Aborted due to severe thunderstorms passing through. The band left the stage, tarps went up and audience members on the lawn were asked to take shelter in the restrooms, etc.

**Slow build to restart where they left off. Completed after 45 minute rain delay.

^"It's gonna be wet, wet, wet, wet, wet..."

^^a capella

tweezerfan

rowjimmy

aphineday

Very weird show with about zero jamming. Still would have been fun...
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

spaced

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

rowjimmy

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on June 15, 2011, 11:36:28 PM
Is it just me, or does that look like the same wook that's on the fake cover to Party Time.

very similar.  he's got long hair and everything.

sophist

I walked out at zero.  That was one on of the worst phish shows I have seen in a long time.  Completely phoned in effort minus the timber.  The storm was insane and did make for a very unique experience.  I did set one with wtu and emay.  Set two i was alone.  Besides the mound restart i thought set two was a flaming pile of fail.   
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

PIE-GUY

Trey did come out for the encore and say, "you're too kind. Waaaaay too kind.". I think he knew it wasn't great.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

spaced

I think this is one 3.0 show where being there probably would have made me enjoy it less. Still seemed like a snoozer over the stream, but being in the rain would have made it much worse I would guess. Jim, Timber, Suzy, and the last few songs were pretty good, but everything else was  :tte:

Undermind

Quote from: spaced on June 15, 2011, 11:47:34 PM
I think this is one 3.0 show where being there probably would have made me enjoy it less. Still seemed like a snoozer over the stream, but being in the rain would have made it much worse I would guess. Jim, Timber, Suzy, and the last few songs were pretty good, but everything else was  :tte:
Trey ripcording Tweezer was the biggest letdown I've had from Phish in 3.0
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Dyke van Dick