Author Topic: 07/02 - Super Ball IX - Watkins Glen, NY - Post-Show Discussion and Review  (Read 10148 times)

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
You guys sitting at home are all fucking nuts. Sets 3 and 4 were both wonderful. Keep sitting at home with your thumbs at your ass and the scowls on your face. Hate 3.0 is getting a little repetitive.

Ser. Something is definitely happening and you people are missing it.

the redic posts all weekend were were far more painful than any forced segue.

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
  • Some Rise Some Fall Some Climb
You guys sitting at home are all fucking nuts. Sets 3 and 4 were both wonderful. Keep sitting at home with your thumbs at your ass and the scowls on your face. Hate 3.0 is getting a little repetitive.

I bet if you went through and read the LST threads you'd see that people here got excited about the same things you were really excited about.  But when you take away the atmosphere from the music, the first 4 sets were pretty standard fare.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
:clap:
 :beers: to birdman. 
Instead of having to plan and save for your next vacation, why not work on creating a life you don't feel the need to escape from...

I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

[quo

Offline roggae

• Reading The Book...
  • Metacritic

For real.  What could Phish do to make people like them? Perhaps they don't care.
Clearly it's all awful.

Offline postjack

• Reading The Book...

Age of miracles
Age of sound
There is a golden age
Comin round...

The sound of Superball is the sound of the band hitting a new peak. This past weekend was honestly one of the most transcendent of my life.
I hate every band except phish.
::cancels summer Phish show plans to achieve psychedelic warrior status::

Offline mattstick

• Server Team
  • Gamehendge
  • Some Rise Some Fall Some Climb
It's just too bad there's less than 1 complete hour of music worth listening to.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
are any of you people actual phish fans?

or just nutbags with nothing better to do

:samurai:

Offline redrum

• Gamehendge
  • Official Poll Giver
    • that time then
Hate 3.0 is getting a little repetitive downright stupid.
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
The Golden Age jam is pretty nice, but as others said it peters out too quickly and right as it could take off.

And I think this may be my favorite 3.0 Tweezer. I REALLY like this version. It's right up there with Camden 09's Tweezer.

Still haven't given that Suskind a re-listen, but I intend to.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
LOL @ the haters. Watching you guys talk yourselves in depressing 3.0 hate circles is hilarious. I sure hope you're having fun....
----------------------

Although I wasn't a huge fan of the first two sets of the day, the last two made up for it -- making it my favorite day of the festival.

Set 1:   Wasn't digging it at all.  One of the most dialed in sets I've seen in some time.

Set 2:  Birds, Heavy Things and Antelope were the set highlights for me.  And the fact the Dirty George FINALLY got his first McGrupp!

Set 3:  Yeah, people are going to hate cuz Caspian is in the 2nd slot and (once again) they played a bunch of songs and didn't jam a ton... BUT THERE IS AWESOME STUFF GOING ON!!!! Tweezer and Piper were fantastic.  Some real funky stuff going on there.  Golden Age was grooving, Twist ending was super fun. 

Set 4:  I'm just stunned anyone has anything bad to say about this.  All we've been asking for is jamz and now they give us an hour of pure space improv and people are still hating on it.  Weird.
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
Set 4:  I'm just stunned anyone has anything bad to say about this.  All we've been asking for is jamz and now they give us an hour of pure space improv and people are still hating on it.  Weird.

ser.  its psychedelic goodness.

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee

ser.  its psychedelic goodness.

Absolutely.

Also, it was one of the most attentive Phish crowd experiences I've ever had.  There was near complete silence at times.
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline Undermind

• Gamehendge
    • Phish Video Collection
wow I don't come on the paug for a couple days and look what happened.  People actually still like this piece of shit band!  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog

Offline danje

• Reading The Book...
Bummed to have missed this fourth set.

Offline Superfreakie

• Gamehendge
Bummed to have missed this fourth set.

yep, no stereo listen could ever do it justice.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.