Author Topic: 12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....  (Read 60797 times)

Offline VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
Re: 12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....
« Reply #1440 on: April 09, 2018, 03:53:07 AM »
loved 4-4 and 4-5 jsut as much as the nassau shows. i know i posted this somewhere here before... i  forget now, but one of those shows was the toughest ticket i ever ran across for phish on lot. they were upwards of $100 a pop if you could find them which was highway robbery back then. god i need to search some of my stories on these forums about shows i saw, lol, i cant remember as many details as i did 5-10 yrs ago. i remember they had magic hat on tap tho. that i remember.  :beers:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #1441 on: April 17, 2018, 11:42:18 AM »
I was not there... and I honestly don't know anyone who was there... but 20 years ago tonight marked the beginning of a whole new world for Trey.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #1442 on: April 17, 2018, 12:35:22 PM »
I was not there... and I honestly don't know anyone who was there... but 20 years ago tonight marked the beginning of a whole new world for Trey.

Very cool. I'd never seen that before.

Cool version of that tune. Damn the guitar work is coming from a guy clearly on top of his game.

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #1443 on: May 08, 2018, 12:21:30 PM »
PHISH, SATURDAY 05/08/1993
FIELD HOUSE, UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Durham, NH

Soundcheck: Crossroads, Shaggy Dog, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Mound, Stash -> Kung -> Stash, Glide, My Friend, My Friend[1] > Reba, Satin Doll > Cavern

SET 2: David Bowie[2] -> Jessica Jam -> David Bowie[3] -> Have Mercy -> David Bowie, The Horse[4] > Silent in the Morning > It's Ice > The Squirming Coil -> Jam -> Big Ball Jam > Mike's Song -> Crossroads[5] -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove[6], Amazing Grace > Amazing Grace Jam

ENCORE: AC/DC Bag

[1] Beginning featured Trey on acoustic guitar.
[2] Simpsons signal.
[3] Random Note, Will the Circle Be Unbroken?, Get Back signals.
[4] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[5] Phish debut.
[6] Unfinished.

The beginning of My Friend and all of The Horse featured Trey on acoustic guitar. The intro to Bowie included Simpsons, Random Note, Will the Circle Be Unbroken?, and Get Back signals and an Amazing Grace tease from Mike. The breakdown in Itís Ice included a tease of one of the guitar lines from Discipline (King Crimson) and a Manteca tease. Crossroads made its Phish debut at this show. Weekapaug contained an Amazing Grace tease from Page and was unfinished. The Amazing Grace Jam was played to a Weekapaug-esque drumbeat.

Offline ytowndan

• Stole The Book
  • Media Center Admin
  • In the Band
    • My List
« Reply #1444 on: May 08, 2018, 12:39:24 PM »
^^^

That's today's soundtrack for the car!  Needless to say, that second set is dope, but the whole show is simply stellar.  Happy 25th!   :beers:
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Offline mehead

• In the Band
  • They attack!!!
« Reply #1445 on: May 08, 2018, 12:54:00 PM »
A day late but 25 yrs ago yesterday, my 1st show.....

FRIDAY 05/07/1993 
BANGOR AUDITORIUM
Bangor, ME   

SET 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Split Open and Melt, Sparkle > Caravan, The Lizards, Horn, Divided Sky, I Didn't Know[1], Run Like an Antelope   

SET 2: Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Fee[2] > Big Ball Jam, You Enjoy Myself > The Great Gig in the Sky, Harry Hood, Harpua[3], Highway to Hell   

ENCORE: Amazing Grace, Golgi Apparatus   

[1] Fish on Madonna washboard.
 [2] Trey sang verses through megaphone.
 [3] Narration about "Ravishing" Rick Rude.

Caravan contained a tease of Manteca (for about 13 seconds). I Didn't Know featured Fish on the Madonna washboard. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. YEM included Mission: Impossible teases and a Yield Not to Temptation jam. The YEM vocal jam was based on the Bonanza theme. Harpua's narration focused on the story of pro wrestler "Ravishing" Rick Rude and a tease of Crossroads, which would make its Phish debut the following day.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #1446 on: May 08, 2018, 01:06:04 PM »

FRIDAY 05/07/1993 
BANGOR AUDITORIUM
Bangor, ME   

That's a hell of a first show! I remember being at UNH and being jealous of my friends who attended that one. Then I got my face melted off.

Offline birdman

• In the Band
  • We'll help you party down!
« Reply #1447 on: May 08, 2018, 05:37:49 PM »
PHISH, SATURDAY 05/08/1993
FIELD HOUSE, UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
Durham, NH

Soundcheck: Crossroads, Shaggy Dog, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Chalk Dust Torture, Guelah Papyrus, Rift, Mound, Stash -> Kung -> Stash, Glide, My Friend, My Friend[1] > Reba, Satin Doll > Cavern

SET 2: David Bowie[2] -> Jessica Jam -> David Bowie[3] -> Have Mercy -> David Bowie, The Horse[4] > Silent in the Morning > It's Ice > The Squirming Coil -> Jam -> Big Ball Jam > Mike's Song -> Crossroads[5] -> Mike's Song > I Am Hydrogen > Weekapaug Groove[6], Amazing Grace > Amazing Grace Jam

ENCORE: AC/DC Bag

[1] Beginning featured Trey on acoustic guitar.
[2] Simpsons signal.
[3] Random Note, Will the Circle Be Unbroken?, Get Back signals.
[4] Trey on acoustic guitar.
[5] Phish debut.
[6] Unfinished.

The beginning of My Friend and all of The Horse featured Trey on acoustic guitar. The intro to Bowie included Simpsons, Random Note, Will the Circle Be Unbroken?, and Get Back signals and an Amazing Grace tease from Mike. The breakdown in Itís Ice included a tease of one of the guitar lines from Discipline (King Crimson) and a Manteca tease. Crossroads made its Phish debut at this show. Weekapaug contained an Amazing Grace tease from Page and was unfinished. The Amazing Grace Jam was played to a Weekapaug-esque drumbeat.
my 2nd show. My sister was a sophomore ore at UNH, so this was a no brainer. This was during the time I was really getting into the band. This night just accelerated my intake of all things phish.
Canít believe itís been 25 years
Paug FTMFW!

Offline susep

• Gamehendge
« Reply #1448 on: May 08, 2018, 07:49:51 PM »

FRIDAY 05/07/1993 
BANGOR AUDITORIUM
Bangor, ME   

SET 1: Buried Alive > Poor Heart > Split Open and Melt, Sparkle > Caravan, The Lizards, Horn, Divided Sky, I Didn't Know[1], Run Like an Antelope   

SET 2: Rift, Bouncing Around the Room, Maze, Fee[2] > Big Ball Jam, You Enjoy Myself > The Great Gig in the Sky, Harry Hood, Harpua[3], Highway to Hell   

Caravan contained a tease of Manteca (for about 13 seconds). I Didn't Know featured Fish on the Madonna washboard. Trey sang the verses of Fee through a megaphone. YEM included Mission: Impossible teases and a Yield Not to Temptation jam. The YEM vocal jam was based on the Bonanza theme. Harpua's narration focused on the story of pro wrestler "Ravishing" Rick Rude and a tease of Crossroads, which would make its Phish debut the following day.

Killer set list.  Easily my favorite version of Caravan. 

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
« Reply #1449 on: May 09, 2018, 09:21:29 PM »

FRIDAY 05/07/1993 
BANGOR AUDITORIUM
Bangor, ME   

Killer set list.  Easily my favorite version of Caravan.

Just listened to that.  Really good one, maybe the best I have heard.  Wish they would bring that back.  It would be a sweet show opener.