Register

Author Topic: HBO GO  (Read 12380 times)

Offline ytowndan

• Stole The Book
  • Media Center Admin
  • Gamehendge
    • My List
Re: HBO GO
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2019, 09:49:40 AM »
Yo Paug! Anybody watch Euphoria?

Im only a couple episodes it but it seems like a pretty accurate portrayal of drug use. Which, as drug user, I can appreciate.

I almost gave in and started it a couple times in moments of post GOT weakness, but now with Succession and GLOW starting up again this weekend it looks like I wonít be succumbing to itís Gen Z nonsense. 

/oldman

I cannot wait for GLOW to come back!

On HBO news though... the wife and I binged both seasons of Barry over the course of a week. Totally loved it and we are eagerly awaiting season three in 2020.

I'm also super pumped for GLOW on Friday!

Barry really surprised me.  I wouldn't have expected it to be one of the best shows on TV but, IMO, it's up there with the best of them.  Really, really well done. 

As for Euphoria, I saw a trailer or two and came to the conclusion that I'm simply too old and too sober to be in their target audience. 
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2019, 10:07:56 AM »
Yeah Barry was excellent, so dark but also really funny with characters like NoHo Hank.

Anybody else watch Succession? Not amazing or anything, but pretty solid dark comedy. It took a few episodes to get rolling, but once it did it was pretty addictive.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline mbw

• Gamehendge
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »
Barry is great.  Winkler and Hank steal the show.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2019, 11:27:44 AM »
Noho Hank is my favorite character. I loved that actor as the happy psychopath Zaz, on Gotham. And he brings the same humor to Barry.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.