News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ominous Seapods reunion run

Started by Gumbo72203, January 15, 2018, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

So I should have made a thread about this beforehand, but I just saw 2 nights of Seapods at the glorious Cohoes Music Hall up here outside of Albany.  Man, that band is fucking riduclous!  They don't get super Type II-y ever but holy christ those grooves.  The peaks are raging too.  Wait for the tapes, those shows were fantastic.

Do any of you guys still listen to them?  Their keyboard player and bass player live literally minutes from me and I see them regularly with other bands in the area, and they always play Monopole and It's Good To Be Alive For A Change with their band Raisinhead which is sick. 

Anyway, I know they're before my time but if you guys ever cared even a little bit about the band, you need to check the shows out.  Lots of deep cuts I'd never heard or knew about before (Candy Cane Flame, Gunshot Static, etc). 

"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

mistercharlie

I remember having some Ominous Seapods as filler on a moe. tape back in the day. I recall really liking a song called Theme For Another Enlightened Rouge.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

birdman

Never really listened to them, my only real experience with them is seeing their ads in High Times.
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: birdman on January 16, 2018, 06:42:58 AM
Never really listened to them, my only real experience with them is seeing their ads in Relix.

FYPFM
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

August

It's hard to believe that these guys ran out of money already.

Hicks

Quote from: August on January 16, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

They should do a co-headlining tour with LCD.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 16, 2018, 05:39:14 AM
I remember having some Ominous Seapods as filler on a moe. tape back in the day. I recall really liking a song called Theme For Another Enlightened Rouge.

That's a very good song!  They played it at the Saturday show.

Quote from: birdman on January 16, 2018, 06:42:58 AM
Never really listened to them, my only real experience with them is seeing their ads in High Times.

You should check them out dude....  this is "Their song" the way YEM is to Phish.  Those guitar harmonies, man. 

Quote from: August on January 16, 2018, 11:43:45 AM

I know you're just being salty but they are not hurting for money at all....   these gigs were the 50th birthday celebration for Tom, the bass player.  The only way they'd get their other guitar player to come back from Australia haha. 

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

Also..... what are the chances that Phish heard this, and thought "Hey we can play Cities that way...."  This pre-dates Phish's funk Cities. 

Caravan2001

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on February 10, 2018, 12:25:19 PM
Also..... what are the chances that Phish heard this, and thought "Hey we can play Cities that way...."  This pre-dates Phish's funk Cities. 

Slim to none

mbw

what the fuck are you even talking about?   :shakehead:

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mbw on February 10, 2018, 01:30:29 PM

But.. what are the chances?

Is negative infinity a thing?
Bring in the dude!

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 10, 2018, 11:33:54 PM

Well...

1.  Cities is already a funky song, phish's version is just slowed down.
2. Phish has been playing Cities the same way since the first time in '84, there is no 'phish funk cities.'
3. Chances that this hack band bit a phish cover: 80-90%

pcr3

Yes. It is the quickest path to ultimate wealth. You bet negative infinity in Final Jeopardy and then get it wrong on purpose.

Now you know.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on February 11, 2018, 12:35:37 AM

Yes. It is the quickest path to ultimate wealth. You bet negative infinity in Final Jeopardy and then get it wrong on purpose.

Now you know.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

August

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on January 15, 2018, 08:32:54 PM
Lots of deep cuts I'd never heard or knew about before (Candy Cane Flame, Gunshot Static, etc).

Dude. Gunshot Static is on Roadside Ecology.
AKA Their Most Popular Album.