News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Dead and Co. Summer 2018

Started by anthrax, January 20, 2018, 11:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

August

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Hicks

Really sweet show last night, think Here Comes Sunshine was the newest thing they played all night.

Especially killer second set with Dark Star > El Paso > Dark Star > St Stephen > The Eleven being really strong.  They definitely brought the goods for the first concert at Autzen in 20 years.

Bug ups to T for getting me down on the floor, even if I may have raged it a little too hard.   8-)

Good to see JP in the lot too. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

August

Hicks

Quote from: August on July 01, 2018, 12:26:14 PM
William Tell last night?

Yeah that too.

ETA: Mayer teased Sleepwalk by Santo and Johnny somewhere too which was cool.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Caravan2001

Killer show!  Everyone was saying it was the best of the tour so far, but I think last night of Citi Field was awesome too.  But last night was dope.  Also saw Monet Weir which didn't suck and Annabelle Garcia.  And Malkmus.  And Bill Walton.  It was fun.  Tons of room in the pit.  The pre-drums section of 2nd set was amazing.  I don't feel too well today lol. 

mistercharlie

This may be the beer talking, but I'm not hating what I'm hearing on the Lockn' stream right now. I still don't like John singing Jerry parts but I guess you get just what you're given.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

VA $l!m

yeah i refuse to listen to this band. to each his own though i guess.

funny aside- in latest season of Ozark theres a reference to Dead and Co tour talking about shows in Mo and Nebraska,,, pretty sure those shows never existed, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

They are good for what they are. If you can accept that, fine
They are NOT the Grateful Dead

For me, if a band is going to play dead tunes, I like bands that try to reinvent them, ie JRAD,  not sound like them.
YMMV
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mistercharlie

Quote from: slslbs on September 03, 2018, 07:24:46 PM
They are good for what they are. If you can accept that, fine
They are NOT the Grateful Dead

For me, if a band is going to play dead tunes, I like bands that try to reinvent them, ie JRAD,  not sound like them.
YMMV

I much prefer JRAD over Dead and Co.

Buffalo Budd

JRAD are one of the hardest jamming bands out there.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 03, 2018, 09:50:44 PM
JRAD are one of the hardest jamming bands out there.

Yup. I finally made the decision to stop doing D&C and to hit every JRAD show in Boston going forward.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3