Author Topic: 2018 Summer Tour  (Read 6609 times)

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
Re: 2018 Summer Tour
« Reply #195 on: August 04, 2018, 09:54:55 PM »
Isn't there a show going on right now? Where's the LST? I'm drunk and want to babble about Phish.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #196 on: August 04, 2018, 10:19:02 PM »
Isn't there a show going on right now? Where's the LST? I'm drunk and want to babble about Phish.

Its up to you duder. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #197 on: August 04, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »

It’s up to you duder.

Well, here's what I found...

Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre at Encore Park
Alpharetta, GA
Scheduled Show Time: 7:30 pm ET
(All song times are approximates)

Set I Start: 8:06 ET
Bouncing (3 min), Chalkdust Torture (10 min), Fuck Your Face (2 min), Wolfmans (13 min), Things People Do (3 min), Lengthwise (1 min) -> Maze (10 min), Waiting All Night (5 min), Divided Sky (17 min), Character Zero (8 min)
End set I: 9:23 ET

Set II Start: 22:00 ET
Crosseyed & Painless (11:50") > Soul Planet
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #198 on: August 04, 2018, 10:23:08 PM »
Haven't heard a note of this show yet, but last night's show was pure fire! There has been some moments of greatness so far on this tour. The 7/28 Fuego with it's Celluloid Heroes Jam has got me excited for what's to come.

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #199 on: August 04, 2018, 10:32:09 PM »
This place is the best. Dont yall forget it.

Every once and awhile I succumb to the evils that are PT and... goodness.

If you just visited that junkyard of thought you might think the band  is dunzo.

But... man, Im still all ears and..... they make great sounding music. Trey sounds.... pretty much the same as ever (3.0 ever) to my ears (meaning, slow... out of ideas... yet, still TREY... when hes got it hes got it). The band outside of Trey sounds great (again, par for the course) and so much deep musicality is happennging.
i approve this post  8-)
Instead of having to plan and save for your next vacation, why not work on creating a life you don't feel the need to escape from...

I suspect putin and trump have something to do with this
that's great. people are stupid.
My records are my media for music.

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
« Reply #200 on: August 04, 2018, 11:07:56 PM »
Ya gots to love a Lengthwise > Maze
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline ph92

• In the Band
  • bag it, tag it
« Reply #201 on: August 05, 2018, 01:01:45 AM »
Ya gots to love a Lengthwise > Maze
First time since 13! Charleston 16 had maze>lengthwise>maze, so it doesn't really count.
Make America Melt Again!

FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #202 on: August 11, 2018, 08:21:59 AM »
I just had a strange thought i.e.  :smoke:

The shirt for this tour, and the webcast package, is "I Saw It Again". They have definitely been using the 'callback/reprise' technique a bit more than usual this tour too. I'm betting it's intentional to make the tour name fit.

/end  :smoke: thoughts