Where's the stage? Spurious Generalities > Random Conversations

Tent Rec's or Experience with Tarptent?

(1/5) > >>

ph92:
Hey guys I'm in the market for a new tent. I plan on using this tent this summer for shows, but I also plan on buying a tent that will be good for backpacking as well. That being said I'd prefer a lighterweight/"ultralight" tent. Dual wall would be cool too.

I've been looking at the following tents and was wondering if anyone had any experience. I've kinda narrowed it down to the two Tarptent models. Solid price, raving reviews etc.

Tarptent Moment DW
Tarptent Rainbow
Lunar Solo (sold out unfortunately)

I'm not trying to buy some Dyneema tent or anything crazy, my budget is somewhere around $350-400.

gah:
I've got the Tarptent Notch, which is great, but you'd need hiking poles to set it up. Which it seems like you wouldn't have if you're just taking them for summer shows, but would be good out on the trail. I've been looking at the Moment as well, but another one to check out would be the Bowfin, because it's free standing.

The Nemo Hornet 1P tent is worth checking out too, and is cheaper than any of the Tarptents.

And I'm a huge fan of the Zpack company (I've got their backpack and sleeping bag) , but their Solplex is gonna be out of the range you're looking at ($555). Ultimately, I'd like to switch to that though.

EdBanky:
The mountainsmith Morrison 2. High quality two person tent on amazon right now for 110. Enough space for bags at your feet and the possibility of knocking boots

emay:

--- Quote from: EdBanky on June 08, 2018, 12:19:34 PM ---The mountainsmith Morrison 2. High quality two person tent on amazon right now for 110. Enough space for bags at your feet and the possibility of knocking boots

--- End quote ---

damn thats a good deal.

ph92:

--- Quote from: gah on June 08, 2018, 11:34:48 AM ---I've got the Tarptent Notch, which is great, but you'd need hiking poles to set it up. Which it seems like you wouldn't have if you're just taking them for summer shows, but would be good out on the trail. I've been looking at the Moment as well, but another one to check out would be the Bowfin, because it's free standing.

The Nemo Hornet 1P tent is worth checking out too, and is cheaper than any of the Tarptents.

And I'm a huge fan of the Zpack company (I've got their backpack and sleeping bag) , but their Solplex is gonna be out of the range you're looking at ($555). Ultimately, I'd like to switch to that though.

--- End quote ---
Yeah I looked at Zpack... and quickly looked elsewhere, they get awesome reviews, but thats just out of my pricerange until I do some more serious trips.

I was thinking about a notch too.  But then I'd need to buy some trekking poles now, which I do normally use when backpacking, so I'm not opposed. But that's just 2 expenses I've got now.

I considered the rainbow cause it can be freestanding with the trecking poles (in the future) and has that nifty "porch" feature with the use of poles.

How is the Notch on interior space, cause the moment has very similar space apparently. I know you're a little smaller than I, but do you have any problems?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version