Author Topic: Special Counsel investigation  (Read 402 times)

Offline KingOfPrussia2155

• Reading The Book...
  • My intent is all for your delight
Re: Special Counsel investigation
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
Thursday will be a very interesting day to say the least.
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

Offline runawayjimbo

• Wrote the Book
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2018, 12:15:27 PM »
This is still going on?  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

jk, that's cool to have it's own thread. but I'm pretty sure the adventures in communications thread was had become the primary can-you-believe-this-fucking-bullshit-here thread...

I honestly stopped paying attention to that nonsense about 6 months ago, cause it seems like it's never ending and incredibly slow moving.

I haven't so much tuned out as much as I've become numb.  Part of the reason, I believe, that the political threads are so dead around here is that, yes, yes we can believe it.  It doesn't matter what you're about to tell us -- however seemingly shocking, disgusting and/or treasonous -- our response is, "yeah, that sounds about right." Or at least that's my response.  Maybe I shouldn't presume to speak for everyone, but I don't think I have what it takes to be genuinely surprised at this president anymore (excepting certain things like murder or perhaps some kind of hardcore pedophilia).  There's just, simply put, no longer a bar to be lowered, that's how fucking low we are, and it's entirely the Republican Party's fault for not nipping this in the bud.

Democrats stacked the election for the most unlikeable candidate in history and literally the only person who could lose to Trump. And also promoted him during primaries cause it would be such an "easy" victory. So not sure this last bit holds up.

I share your numbness at the sheer stupidity of it all tho. Every day is stupider than the last.

Well, first, Hillary was infinitely better than Trump and, considering that she actually won the election, the people agreed.  But this isn't about her or the DNC, because Trump is not a Democrat.  It's about how the GOP has had endless opportunities (starting with their convention) to do the right thing but refused each and every time.  They're now the proud owners of Donald J. Trump and all he represents, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

That's not how elections work here. There are rules, dude.

All I'm saying is Bernie would've won (I know you agree and not trying to rub salt).

So unlikeable that she got 3+ million more votes and Russian interference in 3 key states was required to swing the electoral college to Putin's asset.

Your talking points are kinda bullshit and if you believe that shit you're probably part of the problem.

lol talking points

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2018, 12:40:01 PM »
I'm not sure what she did that was so indefensible. Seemed like she ran a smooth campaign to me. Still, she was unlikeable. I have trouble finding baby boomer democrat women who liked her at all.

Taking states like Michigan for granted for one.   

But really she should have gone after Bernie's base and moved to the left. 

Her bland centrist positions didn't get many people excited to vote for her. 

In the end she lost to the worst candidate in history and that's what I really find indefensible. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline jam>

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2018, 12:42:17 PM »
I'm not sure what she did that was so indefensible. Seemed like she ran a smooth campaign to me. Still, she was unlikeable. I have trouble finding baby boomer democrat women who liked her at all.

Taking states like Michigan for granted for one.   

But really she should have gone after Bernie's base and moved to the left. 

Her bland centrist positions didn't get many people excited to vote for her. 

In the end she lost to the worst candidate in history and that's what I really find indefensible.

Good points