News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Bob Dylan Bootleg Series v14: More Blood More Tracks

Started by mattstick, September 20, 2018, 01:07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caravan2001

Came home from Vegas to find the album sitting on my desk.  It sounds amazing.  The bootleg has always sounded  great but this is next level.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mattstick on November 03, 2018, 12:40:23 PM

I think I prefer every version of each song on the Bootleg Series / NYC cuts with the exception of Tangled Up In Blue and Shelter From The Storm.

Idiot Wind and Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts really stand out.
hmm
I think Jack of Hearts really benefits from the band on the album version. The feel of the music matches the tune more. I also like the album version of If You See her Say Hello better. The feel of the music in Your Gonna Make Me Lonesome... sounds too upbeat on the boot version, I like the album better

Acoustic Meet Me in the Morning and Idiot Wind really stand out to me. I like Up to Me. The other tunes I think are great on both the original release and this one - glad to have both to listen to.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

mattstick

Interesting, I always thought Jack Of Hearts was kind of a cheeseball arrangement, but had a great lyric and story arc.

sls.stormyrider

different strokes

I get the feeling of small town country fair / saloon with the music. agree, great story
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."