Register

Author Topic: Corona Talk  (Read 2847 times)

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
Re: Corona Talk
« Reply #165 on: March 26, 2020, 09:55:42 PM »
Oh Portland, you old so and so town.

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline mistercharlie

• Gave the Book to the Library
  • Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2020, 05:56:43 AM »
In a strange turn of events,  I'm somehow in charge of the hotel today. Thankfully only for a few hours though. With all the furloughs and layoffs we are running a skeleton crew and everyone higher ranking than me will be off today. We have our F&B Director, who was furloughed, coming in to be acting  GM on days like this, but he won't be there until noon. So I am 'Acting GM' for the first five hours today. Imma need a beer and a buzz after work today.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 
Mister Charlie told you so.

Offline rowjimmy

• Head Ache
  • 'Paug Admin
  • In the OTHER Band
  • No Questions. Just Rawk
    • Row Knows
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2020, 10:47:10 AM »
In a strange turn of events,  I'm somehow in charge of the hotel today. Thankfully only for a few hours though. With all the furloughs and layoffs we are running a skeleton crew and everyone higher ranking than me will be off today. We have our F&B Director, who was furloughed, coming in to be acting  GM on days like this, but he won't be there until noon. So I am 'Acting GM' for the first five hours today. Imma need a beer and a buzz after work today.

Do you have any guests?

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:58 AM »

Do you have any guests?

We have 1. Our hotel has been at 0.02% occupancy lately. I really wonder what these people are doing staying here though.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Offline WhatstheUse?

• Gamehendge
  • "Dances with Dirty"
    • The Jauntee
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2020, 11:03:59 AM »

Do you have any guests?

Clearly he's swamped.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 11:05:45 AM by WhatstheUse? »
Phish makes me happy.  It's as simple as that.

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2020, 11:08:49 AM »

Do you have any guests?

We have 1. Our hotel has been at 0.02% occupancy lately. I really wonder what these people are doing staying here though.

hookers & blow?
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #171 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:21 AM »

Do you have any guests?

hookers & blow?

If it's an end of the world party, I know what I want to be doing.

Just got up off the couch to drop a deuce while the band belts out Fuckerpants.
You shouldn't shit in the living room even if it's your house. - 𝜋

Offline khalpin

• In the Band
« Reply #172 on: March 27, 2020, 11:26:10 AM »

Offline VDB

• In the Band
« Reply #173 on: March 27, 2020, 01:17:05 PM »
Our citywide stay-at-home ordinance (slow-played from the nightly curfew they already enacted) kicks in this weekend. At least the city was sensible enough to put alcohol stores on the "essential businesses" list.
there is no explanation
it's all inside your head

de gustibus non disputandum

Offline pcr3

• Wrote the Book
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2020, 12:32:13 AM »
Our citywide stay-at-home ordinance (slow-played from the nightly curfew they already enacted) kicks in this weekend. At least the city was sensible enough to put alcohol stores on the "essential businesses" list.

I think that’s the case most places. And by most places, I mean I live in Massachusetts where closing the “packies” would lead to rioting and the hospitals being filled with patients that have the DTs.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline mistercharlie

• Gamehendge
  • Moth Kings Hair
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »

Offline VDB

• In the Band
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2020, 02:03:26 PM »
^ Ha.

"Don't worry, this is temporary."
there is no explanation
it's all inside your head

de gustibus non disputandum

Offline justjezmund

• Gamehendge
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2020, 09:56:42 PM »
^ Ha.

"Don't worry, this is temporary."

So were drums and space though too.
It's like BJ Galore over here!

I use records for that and don't have to justify it to my friends.

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #178 on: March 28, 2020, 10:09:19 PM »
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #179 on: March 28, 2020, 11:17:39 PM »

Are they violating the physical distancing guidelines?
Just got up off the couch to drop a deuce while the band belts out Fuckerpants.
You shouldn't shit in the living room even if it's your house. - 𝜋