Register

Author Topic: have you heard about...?  (Read 169301 times)

Offline birdman

• In the Band
  • We'll help you party down!
Re: have you heard about...?
« Reply #3765 on: October 04, 2018, 01:09:15 PM »
So many places to go... Fiji is up there but it'll probably have to be once the brain cloud sets in.

volcano sacrifice?
Paug FTMFW!

Offline gah

• Dans et hors du foyer, le temps tourne le temps, élastiques virages
  • Gamehendge
  • The circus is the place for me....
« Reply #3766 on: October 04, 2018, 01:29:31 PM »
So many places to go... Fiji is up there but it'll probably have to be once the brain cloud sets in.

volcano sacrifice?

One of my top 5 favorite movies of all time. A lot more depth to it than one might give it credit for. Also, random sidenote, The Big Wu got their name from that movie. Haven't listened to them in years, but they were great too, back in the day.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

Offline PIE-GUY

• Gamehendge
  • Something's happening.
    • My Shows
« Reply #3767 on: November 19, 2018, 09:38:45 PM »
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Offline Hicks

• IKKULUS
  • Gamehendge
« Reply #3768 on: January 20, 2019, 08:55:29 PM »
Welp, I give up, when Vampire Weekend guy is singing the praises of Twiddle the world has clearly gone insane. 

https://relix.com/blogs/detail/vampire-weekends-ezra-koenig-presents-unexpected-deep-dive-into-twiddle-jamflowman-and-more-on-time-crisis-radio-show/
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

Offline sls.stormyrider

• Gamehendge
  • Let there be songs to fill the air
    • music list
« Reply #3769 on: April 09, 2019, 04:11:22 PM »
https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/09/tech/locked-ipad-boy-trnd/index.html

A 3-year-old boy repeatedly entered the wrong password, locked up his dad's iPad until 2067
Doug Criss-Profile-Image
By Doug Criss, CNN

@eosnos
 Uh, this looks fake but, alas, it’s our iPad today after 3-year-old tried (repeatedly) to unlock. Ideas?

That's more than 48 years, for those of you who don't want to do the math. So Osnos' iPad will be available to him again sometime in 2067. Great, he'll have something to keep him occupied in the retirement home.
The iPad lockout is a security feature of Apple devices that kicks in whenever someone repeatedly types the wrong password. The more times an incorrect password is entered, the longer the lock-out time grows.
Thankfully Osnos' Twitter followers gave all kinds of help in the comments, because there's nothing but good things in the comments, right?
People offered hundreds of suggestions. Some were practical: "Just connect it to the computer you originally synced it to iTunes on, let it sync and it'll be fine."
Others were nonsensical: "Put it in a bag of rice."
One commenter had a novel idea: "Time travel seems to be your best bet."
Yeah, probably.
Another person suggested Osnos should "reboot" the 3-year-old, but that seems a tad bit unnecessary.
Ready for a restore
Several others said no worries --- just wait out the 48 years. Because you know folks on social media are known for their patience.
So what does Apple suggest? Apple says you would need to perform a restore to use the device again (but you would lose the data on the device if you've never backed it up).
Osnos told the New York Daily News on Monday he was still locked out of the device.
"It's down a few hundred minutes from yesterday, but it looks like we've still got 25 million minutes to go," he told the newspaper. "The consensus seems to be that we're using an old operating system that won't let us restart fresh from iTunes."
CNN reached out to Osnos for comment and is waiting to hear back.
Later on Monday Osnos tweeted that he'd managed to get the iPad into DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode and is in the process of restoring the tablet.

Evan Osnos

@eosnos
 Update on toddler-iPad-lock-out: Got it into DFU mode (don’t hold down the sleep/power button too long or you end up in recovery). Now restoring. Thanks to those who shared advice!

10:06 AM - Apr 9, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
24 people are talking about this
"Thanks to those who shared advice!" he said.
Assuming Osnos gets back into the iPad, maybe he should just give his kid the password.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Offline pcr3

• Reading The Book...
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline Buffalo Budd

• Gamehendge
  • 'Looking for owls?' the young man asked.
« Reply #3771 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:42 AM »
https://pitchfork.com/news/synth-repairman-accidentally-gets-high-by-touching-lsd-left-in-vintage-buchla/

That's incredible.
I thought that you couldn't absorb it through the skin.
Must have been a very high concentration.
My whole family drools.

Offline McGrupp

• Gamehendge
  • Out of my brain on the train
« Reply #3772 on: May 23, 2019, 11:13:46 AM »
awesome
Just two whiskies, officer.

I'm not sure if I followed this thread correctly, but what guys are saying is that Dave Thomas sold crack in inner-city DC in the mid-80's, right?

Offline pcr3

• Reading The Book...
« Reply #3773 on: May 23, 2019, 11:28:13 AM »
https://pitchfork.com/news/synth-repairman-accidentally-gets-high-by-touching-lsd-left-in-vintage-buchla/

That's incredible.
I thought that you couldn't absorb it through the skin.
Must have been a very high concentration.

They refer to it as a crystal-like substance that he was trying to remove.  Could it be straight crystal?  :crazy:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #3774 on: May 23, 2019, 04:04:54 PM »
I'm sure the wife with tie-dye clothing in front of the wall of vinyl had NOTHING to do with dosing him...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline GBL

• Lot Security
  • In the Band
« Reply #3775 on: September 04, 2019, 12:09:43 PM »
Not to make light of a terrible situation, but next time there's a hurricane I'm driving down to search the beaches.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/brick-cocaine-washes-florida-beach-hurricane-dorian-waves-n1049506
If this is love, I'm never going home..