News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

R1/W04: 12-09-1997 Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA

Started by disco, June 04, 2006, 11:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

disco

in my opinion an overlooked show on a phenominal tour. The Mikes>>>Weekapaug is all very strong, plus using Stash as a vehicle to move into Hydrogen is a fun rarity. Big fan of the simple, lots of stuff goin on, the timber is very aggressive also, give a listen and see what you think. Since I don't have the original filesets Jedi will be seeding on etree for me. Enjoy

Phish 12-9-97 Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=25952

Set 1
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ljtg7u

Set 2
http://www.sendspace.com/file/0pmz74

12-09-97 Bryce Jordan Center, University Park, PA

1: Mike's Song, Chalk Dust Torture, My Soul, Stash-> I Am Hydrogen-> Weekapaug Groove, Dogs Stole Things, Beauty of My Dreams, Horn, Loving Cup

2: Julius, Simple*-> Timber (Jerry), Contact, Axilla, Harry Hood#

E: Fire

*Near the end, Fish starts the hi-hat intro typical of "David Bowie", which they tool with for a bit before heading into "Timber (Jerry)." #Near the beginning, they return for a brief quote of "Axilla" before continuing with the normal path of "Hood."
..><((((º>·´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>·.¸´¯`·.¸¸..><((((º>.¸¸..

www.week4paug.net

Sharin' our groove with you

disco

www.week4paug.net

whatapiper

thanks disco! im gonna have to finish 7/10, still havnt finished that ghost and the rest of the set.  i had to pop in augs mix, very nice...

...this simple is AMAZING, and it was featured in jedifunks mix if memory serves me?
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

jedifunk

great choice!  i'll be firing it up on the ipod later!  i'll be getting the shns up on BT around noon today...

everyone enjoy
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

gainesvillegreen

Nice choice disco!  I really like the Stash from this show, although I think it could have been done better in spots.  But the energy in Stash and the segue into Hydrogen is grand.

Great Julius opener in the 2nd set as well. 

Thanks for making the torrent available Jedi (whenever).  I needed to get this one in my archive..

jedifunk

unless anyone needs this torrent right now, i may hold off on seeding it (sorry disco)...

i've got the 2nd season of the west wing, DLing ATM, and would like to see it finish before i start seeding...

i figure we've got all week for this, and peeps can grab the mp3s now, and if they want lossless after that, they can grab it...

but if someone is dying for the shns now, i'll post them before i go back to work.  LMK
Much Respect
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

disco

doesn't bother me, I am patient, but not as patient as a banana (I typed it out for jedi to spare his eyes :-D)

www.week4paug.net

jedifunk

thanks, i should be able to get that up later tonight, or tomorrow morning...

btw, i finished listening to my copy today... great show... i'll have formal comments later tonight when i have more free time to expound...  thanks again for a great pick!
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

sls.stormyrider

If it was any show other than West Wing...

:wink:

thanks in advance for the seed.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

jedifunk

what... you got something against the show?  one of the best television shows in history...  and not just because i say so (although that should be enough), they won a shit ton of awards over the years.  and i thought they did a pretty good job of talking about issues without falling on one side or another... even given the fact that it was a democrat in office.

one of my favorite shows of all time, and one of the few i'm even remotely interested in having on DVD...
Much Respect
- Trey Anastasio

August

strangers with candy was the best show.
seriously.
a

fauxpaxfauxreal

Best Shows on TV-

Twin Peaks, Quantum Leap, All in the Family, Jeopardy, Six Feet Under, The Gary Shandling Show, Cheers, 120 Minutes, The State (way better than strangers with candy), Kids in the Hall, Friends

and of course...

LOST!

susep

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 05, 2006, 06:42:30 PM
Best Shows on TV-

Cspan, History Channel, Weather C, VH1, Nat. Geo., PBS, NBA C, not super into TV :-D

August

Quote from: fauxpaxfauxreal on June 05, 2006, 06:42:30 PM
Best Shows on TV-

Twin Peaks, Quantum Leap, All in the Family, Jeopardy, Six Feet Under, The Gary Shandling Show, Cheers, 120 Minutes, The State (way better than strangers with candy), Kids in the Hall, Friends

and of course...

LOST!
i saw the state live back in 95?
they taper olive loaf underneath everyone's seats.
candy is better anyway.
a

whatapiper

We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong