Author Topic: Last Show Attended?  (Read 126687 times)

Offline Caravan2001

• Gamehendge
Re: Last Show Attended?
« Reply #3060 on: October 23, 2018, 09:59:16 PM »
Bob Weir and Wolf Brothers 10/22/18 Keller Auditorium

Went in with low expectations and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Bobby definitely knows his performing days are numbered and it seems he's putting in a lot of effort to make the most of the time he has left. Great setlist with a lot of covers and only a couple Jerry songs, it was really cool to see stuff like Playing and Music Never Stopped in this stripped down format. Crowd was totally throwing down, nice to see a party happen in what usually is a very stuffy opera house type venue. 

Secondary market tickets were really cheap here, if that's the case in your town then I would highly recommend hitting one of these shows up. 

Big ups to caravan for beers and food, thanks man!

Yeah dude, that was awesome.  I feel like dogshit today.

been digging the boards of these shows!

Lemme know if you see a board of Portland. Thanks!
You're just lucky I can't quote you in the WAP version of this site.

Offline shoreline99

• In the Band
  • shocked and persuaded my soul to ignite
    • My List
« Reply #3061 on: October 29, 2018, 05:15:43 PM »
Three nights of the Avett Brothers at the Cap. My SIL is a huge fan. She and my BIL are moving to Seattle this winter and we won't get to see them much, so it was cool to hang out with them this weekend. Brought our younger kids to a couple of the shows, too, their first at that venue.

The Friday & Saturday shows were fantastic; Thursday show had some sound problems early on and a bit of a slower setlist. Their regular touring violinist (Tania Elizabeth) is out on maternity leave, so Ketch from Old Crow Medicine Show filled in - his voice really complimented the band's harmonies. Fun times.
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Offline anthrax

• Wrote the Book
  • Nos vemos en las perras de turismo el sofá!!!!
« Reply #3062 on: November 02, 2018, 06:04:41 PM »
Bob Weir and Wolf Brothers 10/22/18 Keller Auditorium

Went in with low expectations and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. Bobby definitely knows his performing days are numbered and it seems he's putting in a lot of effort to make the most of the time he has left. Great setlist with a lot of covers and only a couple Jerry songs, it was really cool to see stuff like Playing and Music Never Stopped in this stripped down format. Crowd was totally throwing down, nice to see a party happen in what usually is a very stuffy opera house type venue. 

Secondary market tickets were really cheap here, if that's the case in your town then I would highly recommend hitting one of these shows up. 

Big ups to caravan for beers and food, thanks man!

Yeah dude, that was awesome.  I feel like dogshit today.

been digging the boards of these shows!

Lemme know if you see a board of Portland. Thanks!

getting this soon.

anyone know which of these bobby shows is the "best?"  or top 3?  i don't really want to weed through them all.