Author Topic: All Things ViDEO GAMES  (Read 144129 times)

Online VA $l!m

• INSPIRED THE F-in' BOOK
  • Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
Re: All Things ViDEO GAMES
« Reply #3240 on: October 30, 2018, 11:35:25 PM »
Got to play the Fallout 76 beta for about 4 hours tonight.
Honestly it was pretty cool. Slightly above my expectations going in.
Performance was an issue, but thats sorta to be expected at this point and im pretty confident Bethesda will have it running smoothly by launch.
Definitely felt like a game that will be most enjoyable  playing with a dedicated group of friends.
Luckily i have my 2 main ESO buds playing with me so it should be alot of fun.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #3241 on: October 31, 2018, 09:33:03 AM »
Tip: hang out for the camp parties after chapters. Total riot

hah yeah I did that - sang along too!!
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Offline tet

• you love it
  • r00t@week4paug.net
  • In the Band
    • week4paug.net
« Reply #3242 on: October 31, 2018, 09:34:28 AM »
Performance was an issue, but thats sorta to be expected at this point and im pretty confident Bethesda will have it running smoothly by launch.
Definitely felt like a game that will be most enjoyable  playing with a dedicated group of friends.

hopped in for a few hours last night, it was fun.  definitely improved mechanics overall from previous Fallout games - didn't feel as cumbersome to manage stuff.  however, the VATS-lite is kinda annoying, as I thought it would be.  it's a HUGE area that I hope is fleshed out with more people as the story and/or release develops.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Online VA $l!m

• Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #3243 on: October 31, 2018, 12:51:54 PM »

hopped in for a few hours last night, it was fun.  definitely improved mechanics overall from previous Fallout games - didn't feel as cumbersome to manage stuff.  however, the VATS-lite is kinda annoying, as I thought it would be.  it's a HUGE area that I hope is fleshed out with more people as the story and/or release develops.
I will say its always going to be a controversalk game b/c of the majority of the core fanbase being anti multiplayer.
Aslo, the performance is just not good at this point. If they can't up the FPS by launch they are in big trouble.
that being soad i think the rest of the negativity is all subjective with maybe the pvp/pve compromises being th eone exception.
There are however pvp only mechanics theyve added like the hunter hunted mode which show there is still promise on that front.

Overall im still excited to play with my friends b/c it has a great character progression and character build opportunties with a fun survival adventure loot grind loop. Basically it will be a really fun Sandbox to create your own character to dominate... just reeaallly needs better performance which i still hold some faith Bethesda can get it going.

To be objective though here is SKill Ups take. He never makes these types of vids and is the most intelligent/objective reviewer i know of but he pretty much lays out all the bad stuff.

Online VA $l!m

• Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #3244 on: November 05, 2018, 01:34:53 PM »
so i finally managed to find a youtuber that completely represents my own personal feelings on 76 minus the pc specific issues i dont have.
This guy does a rea good job explaining why this game is really fun despite the clickbaity hate train going on right now.
Me and my ESO friends are totally in love with it and cant wait for release.

Online VA $l!m

• Lot Security
  • Gamehendge
  • Real Outcasty
« Reply #3245 on: November 09, 2018, 03:30:40 PM »
Fallout 76 withdrawls today, lol. Beta ended yesterday and launch is next wed.
Defintiely the first game in forever that gave me the beta withdrawls... constantly thinking of what i want to do next when it drops.