News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

All Things ViDEO GAMES

Started by VA $l!m, March 12, 2007, 04:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Yeah that is a big move. I guess they will keep updating games like Overwatch and stuff that's already on PS but idk how many new ones might come out. 
Fall Order PS5 patch is pretty cool though, playing through that game again. Returnal has been fun but confusing lol, need to crack that one open again. 

GBL

finally beat Ghost of Tsushima

there is a lot to like about that game, but man, open world games like that sure get fucking repetitive, especially the side quests

gotta pick Tales of Arise back up, I'm about 50% through that one.  heard it's like 200+ hours to 100% it which is insane
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

Quotefinally beat Ghost of Tsushima

there is a lot to like about that game, but man, open world games like that sure get fucking repetitive, especially the side quests

gotta pick Tales of Arise back up, I'm about 50% through that one.  heard it's like 200+ hours to 100% it which is insane
dang I made it through like 5% of Ghost. The combat was pretty difficult, though it did look awesome.  

VA $l!m

heh, im sorta interested in Elden Ring coming up next month, but not sure i want to suffer if its as punishing as most dark souls games...

still very excited for SIFU, coming from one of my favorite developers in a couple weeks.

and ff14 im mostly just raiding now til the next big update.

BF2042 has shit the almost completely. very sad to see EA destroy such a great franchise. really bums me out how badly they fucked up.
I guess the BR and trend chasing era have finally nabbed their final victim.
The days of real shooters might never be seen again, on consoles at least.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

GBL

Horizon Forbidden West, from everything I've seen, is looking to be a top PS game of all-time, super excited about that

also interested in Elden Ring, but don't think it's going to be exactly like Dark Souls, per se, heard it's more RPG then anything

Quote from: emay on January 21, 2022, 10:30:23 AM

dang I made it through like 5% of Ghost. The combat was pretty difficult, though it did look awesome. 

yeah man, it is a really really beautiful game, and like I said there is a lot to like about it

combat system might be the best part imo, other than graphics, but I got the director cut with the PS5 upgrades

emay

yeah so stoked for Horizon, really enjoyed the first one. 3 weeks! :willynilly:   

VA $l!m

Quote from: GBL on January 22, 2022, 10:36:52 PMHorizon Forbidden West, from everything I've seen, is looking to be a top PS game of all-time, super excited about that

also interested in Elden Ring, but don't think it's going to be exactly like Dark Souls, per se, heard it's more RPG then anything

Quote from: emay on January 21, 2022, 10:30:23 AM

yeah man, it is a really really beautiful game, and like I said there is a lot to like about it

combat system might be the best part imo, other than graphics, but I got the director cut with the PS5 upgrades
the combat is Very much like dark souls

VA $l!m

semi curious about this one:

VA $l!m

enjoying Sifu alot..

also think im gettin hyped for Elden Ring.
apparently combat is just as difficult as Souls games but b/c its open world you dont have to worry about retracing steps to get back to bosses. , like there;s open world save points and such. So overall less frustrating  game design.

GBL

Went a little crazy this week, picked up:

Edge of Eternity

Hades

Final Fantasy XII

Nier Replicant

Odin Sphere

Divinity Original Sin 2

Not sure what to start with, but I went with Nier Replicant

tet

Hades is great. i don't even like roguelikes but the game is fantastic - some of my favorite writing and art style ever.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

GBL

Quote from: tet on February 12, 2022, 08:02:14 PMHades is great. i don't even like roguelikes but the game is fantastic - some of my favorite writing and art style ever.

that is what I keep hearing, over and over again, critics and a players all seem to love it

I played a little of Nier Replicant, kinda meh to start so switched over to Edge of Eternity, it's from a really small studio and I've heard some VERY mixed reviews, but so far I kind of like it?

Story is actually engaging right off the bat, and it is a true turn-based rpg, with a tactics style battle system (kind of the best of both worlds tbh, if you like either of those styles)

game is a little buggy though, but maybe that's to he expected coming from such a small dev team?

VA $l!m

Divinity 2 is a top tier game i know.
i would have bought it so many times but just cant deal with isometrics.
all th hype on pc right now is Lost Ark.
I'd be jealous if i wasnt so opposed to top down games lol.

tet

i'm not really drawn to Lost Ark... then again, my taste for RPGs is extremely limited, and usually single player (unless you want to consider Destiny an MMORPG)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VA $l!m

Quote from: tet on February 14, 2022, 07:36:15 AMi'm not really drawn to Lost Ark... then again, my taste for RPGs is extremely limited, and usually single player (unless you want to consider Destiny an MMORPG)
yeah, its all the hype for the mmo crowd right now, broke into 2nd place all time for concurrent players behind pub g on Steam.
its korean p2w bs tho, no matter how good of a game it is.
the popularity will die off once people realize serious play is massively cash gated.
anyway...

still LOVING SIFU. Amazing game. almost perfect for what it is. Most fun i've had in a long time with a new game.
Hoping to finish my first play through by next week then go hard into Elden Ring for the next month until FF14 gets next update in April.

new Horizon getting great reviews generally btw. Not my type of game but other than some tech issues apparently very fun.